VBM , the VBulletin Messenger

teamer

muqti said:

and all modifications should be free at least a theme should be there

you should look better into the include.php fil and set all variables right specially the $forum_url which will make the avatar working , if you do not have this variable then you are using an old version of the server side script and maybe also the messenger application . you can check latest downloads from VBulletin Messenger .

the modification is free , and it's public , if you want something special for yor forum you should at least pay for it and the effort spent for it . i am a university student , and i won't wase my time building a software with custom themes , it's like building an HTML browser , making themes is difficult , and more over , once the EXE is compiled and created , it is difficult to change anythin in it , so FORGET ABOUT CUSTOM THEMES , the only one who can create a theme for the application is the one who has the source code , and i am not going to give it away just like that !!! if you need something special pay for it because i am not going to make custom themes for like 100 forums/day for free !!! .

But i am planning to make a theme reader which allows you to change themes like the winamp player , an admistration panel and more options soon . and am not gonna waste my time of developing them if the current version is a failure .

teamer

GgAcE said:
I am receiving a "cannot connect try again later" message.

Files have been uploaded properly. I have mirrored the index.php file to mirror my config file. This is still a no go.

"include.php" you mean . please check your inclue.php file to see that all variables has been set correctly

teamer

netmatrix said:
Do you know if this will work on a Linux Operating system or not? I have it working on my Windows computer very nice mod.

No , .exe files works only on windows OS , and there will be no versions that will work under linux OS .

teamer

bulletin said:
its not working for me too, i am getting same error message "Could not connect to service, please try again later" i am using the current 1.4 version, but then why same error is coming again and again? although i have followed the instructions correctly, still same problem.

If you have installed the server side script correctly , then please check that you havent any custom firewall that blocks the messenger from contcting your website .

bulletin

teamer said:
If you have installed the server side script correctly , then please check that you havent any custom firewall that blocks the messenger from contcting your website .

i have server side script and also there is no custom firewall, there should not be issue with firewall, because firewall is not blocking the messenger, i have already enabled that on my pc, is there any other alternate for this?

muqti

@ teamer!

you should give away source to a person u trust pay him for making theme at least a theme because in this theme most of the text is not visible ! 39$ is too much man

teamer

bulletin said:
i have server side script and also there is no custom firewall, there should not be issue with firewall, because firewall is not blocking the messenger, i have already enabled that on my pc, is there any other alternate for this?

send me ur site link and a test username/password to the PM inbox on vbteam.info , i will check everything and tell you .

i do free support and installation if you are interested .

teamer

muqti said:
@ teamer!

you should give away source to a person u trust pay him for making theme at least a theme because in this theme most of the text is not visible ! 39$ is too much man

do you know a preson over the internet you can trust ? well , i trusted someone lately then ifound my work source in severla forums ad download sites ... thank god it wasn't something big ...

and i changed prices on the site some days ago . you can check them out .
P.S the 39$ is the translation to another language .

teamer

Kena said:
arf the VBM 1.4 doesn't work on vB 3.7.3 PL 1 :/

wrong login or username...

i hope there are no cpecial characters in your usename/password , anyway i found that lately , will be fixed on friday . thank you for feedback .

OnCoke

teamer said:
i hope there are no cpecial characters in your usename/password , anyway i found that lately , will be fixed on friday . thank you for feedback .

Works fine for me on that version.

And yes it's the special characters which won't let you login.

teamer

To make your forum members use the messenger , your forum members should first have a good idea on what is VBM . most forums which will have the VBM used are those social forums that have a bond and a relation between the members , business forums where every new thread/reply counts . and a good advertisement for the messenger via news letter / banner / announcement thread .

As this idea is still new , it has no popularity . plus we are adding new features and fixing some bugs slowly .

ernestgjoni

this is very good.. everything works expect. it wont the latest post on my forum. if u want to try it out pm me and ill make u an account and what not.

thanks again