VBM , the VBulletin Messenger

teamer

NEW :
- Bugs Fixed
- Speed Optimized
- NOW AVAILABLE FOR SMF !!!

What It Does:

With VBM your members can login to the messenger with thier membership details , add other members to thier contact list (for VB 3.7 contacts are the friends in the friend list) , communicate with each other with smilies , fonts , colors ... , also they will be notified about newest forum posts and threads and view "last 10 posts" in the forum in an easy and fast way with a "Read More" button that will open the thread/post when clicked .
VBM has a public chat room , that can be accessed by all members that use the messenger .
Your members will know about the newest posts in the forum and will open the new post in a new browser window once they click the notification , which means a more active forum members and a better moderation .

Features:

- VBM is easy to install and manage .
- VBM Means less resources required from your website server (MySQL Queries > CPU , Bandwidth) .
- VBM Means a more living forum , and a better moderation .

- It is easy to install and manage your VBulletin Messenger system .
- Fully Supported
- VBM takes less queries from DATABASE and takes less resources/bandwidth because it dosen't have to load the pictures/CSS/backgrounds or any other files from your server , it only loads a small list of online/offline contacts with information about last 10 posts and threads in the forum , which takes about 10-15 queries and max of 5kb-15kb transfere which is less a 1000-10000 times from only opening the forum home page .

Installation:

1 - Download the Server Side Script and Open the file "include.php" and edit the database details to match these of your forum config.php entries

2 - Upload all the PHP files in the "vbmsngr" directory in the root directory of your website "/public_html/" (You may need to create the "/public_html/vbmsngr" folder) .

3 - Tell your members and/or moderators about The Messenger Installation Pack which is the messenger desktop software
Every one who installs this software and have a membership in your forum can chat to each other .

To login to the messenger use your user name then the "@" sign then your forum URL . example : [email protected] , enter your password and you're in !!!
You can make a subdomain and add the Server Side Script in it , but then no one can login to the messenger unless they know the subdomain address .

Notes:
- Messenger accepts only usernames and passwords in english chars! ( other languages support coming soon! )
- There will not be any options of editing the [Sitename] Messenger / theme / skin / removing the @domain.com login method unless in custom versions , please refer to the website .

Last Fixes :
- Login Issue Fixed
- Improoved Speed
- Read More / PM / Goto forum fixed
- Removed IE plugin and programmed one by my self (as it created a dll not found error on some PCs)
- Re-coded some external plugins by my self (so now less dll files and less installation package size , about 1.5BM :-D)

Last Update - 30th Septmber,2008

Hoxxy

Next time upload the files, dont make me have to run around having to move merge then move back again!

Note to members: All files have been encoded by Zend Guard.

domon

I have a question...but first thanks Hoxxy your the best.Ok now I found that site and joined it and all but when you run the software the .exe program on the desktop it says forum on it.How can we chnage it so it points to our forum and not there?

darkmoon34

not works just their sites client works but that client direct connect their site i think server folder some file or some code missing so not contact

domon

Well from what i gather hes the admin of the site that made this program.The admins name there is teamer which wold explain why he wrote that out of respect to vbteam guess he didnt know that your supposed to add everything when you post a mod.

Kena

hi,

i installed both pack1. zip & pack2.zip and I also installed with righ setting the Zend Optimizer to improve the application 's performance but it doesn't work too in vB 3.7.3 PL 1

does someone has success to install and work it well?

thanks

Lovester

installed, but can't login to the messenger.

It says:

Could not connect to the service, please try again later.

deekz27

would be a great mod and very useful if it was functional. If this isnt working and the support isnt there for it, just trash it !

darkmoon34

yes im said before i think some server files is missing so i doesnt connect client

i thinks mods is close this therad cause this mod not works