vBulletin or Invision Power Board?

Which one is better?

• vBulletin($160.00) ->>> Free from vBTEAM!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Invision power board (IPB-$299)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WiRED

Daz said:
Why the hell would anyone feel the need to ask this question on a VB site?????????
Lol indeed.

But seriously, I prefer vBulletin. Invision just has certain aspects of itself which I don't like.

For one, the search in the newer versions is just ridicules. You must click too another page to get to the usual search page.

vBulletin is simple, and unique in certain area's.

Cheers,
.WiRED

arr0w

This isn't the right place to ask... it's like if you went to the Metallica forum and you'd ask them who's better, Metallica or Iron Maiden?

If you really want to know, you should go to an unbiased place... of course everyone will tell you vB is better here.
I've used both, and the two are good... each has advantages the other doesn't have.

ahmedr

arr0w said:
This isn't the right place to ask... it's like if you went to the Metallica forum and you'd ask them who's better, Metallica or Iron Maiden?

If you really want to know, you should go to an unbiased place... of course everyone will tell you vB is better here.
I've used both, and the two are good... each has advantages the other doesn't have.

you where faster...lol
I was about to say something really similar after reading the title.

If you ask in a vbulletin support group you get much more vbulletin votes
if you ask in a ipboard support forum you get much more ipboard votes
even phpBB you get people saying its the best out there in a phpBB support

go to a site that is not involved with any of them and ask that question...
I realized that you get so many different answers that you don't know which one to chose

but for me, I've tried IPB, phpBB, SMF and vBulletin

when I used 3.6X and compared it with IPB there was'nt a big difference.
EXCEPT you got more hacks, styles, add-ons and more compatible scripts with vbulletin which gave it the thumbs up, although there where features in IPB that vbulletin never had and where great, but you would've achieved them with all the add-ons and so on in vb

now with 3.7 and the new features vbulletin is, to me, 1 of a kind!
and I'd give this answer anywhere.....even in the ipb board community forums
I would renew my license for vbulletin and not IPB now if it was'nt available for free, lmao

but don't forget that vb has been around for a long time now, you never know what IPB staff are up to these days to compete and the way they started tells you that they're up for a challenge and want people to use it and a lot do, but I think they need to do another special offer for the license to get more people on there side, I think if they had the same amount of people as vb using there script and creating add=ons for them I recon they'd be better than VB as the script it self without any add-ons compared to vb 3.6 is better

yojodavo

Iv'e got both installed with tons of mods. vbulletin is much more organized and as far as free goe's I got both free. vbulletiin cpanel is put together much better than IPB. And guess what Im deleting ipb stuff cause its interfering with my vbulletin.
I havent seen a place for IPB mods likee we have here.
If there is its are not very popular.

NukeNews

In my opinion, vB is good for admin because you can manage the forum more easier and have many mods that you can install on your forum. But it is some what difficult for new forum users to familiar with the interface in vB.

On the other hand, IPB is more user friendly to forum users but have little mods and the admin has limited advantage in managing the forum. Also, IPB have many settings that I think they can be combined together for better forum administration.

Try both and you will see the differences.

saloums7

VB All the way. The only thing I say is better in IPB is some styles... where there are animations on the links, I find that cool (I'm dum). Other than that. IPB sucks big time.

xprj

But loading time of IPB (anyversion) is better than vB, I use vB but want to upgrade it to IPB! Waiting for IPB 3.0 Final! I must appreciate the simplicity of Woltlab Burning Board 3.0.8 pl1!