vBulletin 3.8.1

solarboy

HI guys.

Had a question.
I have a forum using version 3.7.4 and I'm going to upgrade but I don't know whether I should upgrade to 3.8.1 or 3.7.5.

I don't want to lose anything - thanks, posts - so, what do you suggest?

Hoxxy

solarboy said:
HI guys.

Had a question.
I have a forum using version 3.7.4 and I'm going to upgrade but I don't know whether I should upgrade to 3.8.1 or 3.7.5.

I don't want to lose anything - thanks, posts - so, what do you suggest?

If you want to upgrade to 3.8.x that should be fine, when you start the upgrade it will auto find current version and take you through the process of updating version by version.

Just remember if your not feeling confident make a backup first, that way you can always go back and start again.

solarboy

Ok, Thanks Hoxxy.

1 last question...I have the Thanks post hack installed, for version 3.7.4, I guess I should upgrade that one too, right? ( if the forum upgrade goes well, that is)

rocko

I have downloaded this version, i have installed it on my directadmin server, i have programmed the config.php +renamed it, the site works tho proxy like this (Warez-Access Forums - Powered by vBulletin) but not on the domain itself any idea what i am doing wrong here cos i have no clue first domain problems an now this can anybody help?

Hoxxy

rocko said:
I have downloaded this version, i have installed it on my directadmin server, i have programmed the config.php +renamed it, the site works tho proxy like this (Warez-Access Forums - Powered by vBulletin) but not on the domain itself any idea what i am doing wrong here cos i have no clue first domain problems an now this can anybody help?

Once you make changes to your domain with the registrar you purchased your domain from, the changes will take anywhere from 5 minutes to 72 hours for propagation to occur depending on your ISP and how often they update the DNS records.

rocko

Hoxxy said:
Once you make changes to your domain with the registrar you purchased your domain from, the changes will take anywhere from 5 minutes to 72 hours for propagation to occur depending on your ISP and how often they update the DNS records.

Hey, thanks for letting me kno :), i'm gonna reinstall an reconfigure the config.php, then leave it for a few days thanks !

Acid-Base

this version do have