vb Linkchecker Bot

GgAcE

Did you confirm that you configred the vbbot.php correctly? Make sure you read the directions WITHIN the file as one extra "." or anything can throw the bot off.

Mind posting the error messages you get? I should be able to help further that way.

GgAcE

Also a quick side note, I did NOT have a table prefix.

So instead of using "VB_thread" I simply had "thread".

Shouldn't have an effect on you assasin if your sure you executed the query properly.

GgAcE

silent assassin said:
nutz, meh, i'll just wait till the next version comes out

Booo. Quitters never prosper!!!!

Your just configuring something wrong & you never sent me your error messages >.<

silent assassin

ok, this time i got the bot working, but it sent all the threads on my site to the trash! everyone was complaining and junk. so i got rid of the bot....again -.-

GgAcE

silent assassin said:
ok, this time i got the bot working, but it sent all the threads on my site to the trash! everyone was complaining and junk. so i got rid of the bot....again -.-

It sent "all" of your threads? Your the one who defines what links it checks for (I.E. Dead rapidshare links etc).

Clearly you messed with the config & not in the good way =P

Edit:

Image showing that this bot DOES in fact work -

4tva7l.gif

GgAcE

I have tested thise with active, code, quote, etc.

All are found by the bot & nothing crazy happened.

I also create 7 dead rapidshare links to make sure the bot would find & move them. It sure did. So coding your links do not matter.

XT-1

it works fine for small forums but anything big it will time out on you and return errors unless you get your host to up the timeout limit

GgAcE

XT-1 said:
it works fine for small forums but anything big it will time out on you and return errors unless you get your host to up the timeout limit

This is correct. It times out after just a few minutes. You can set limits on the bot to only check X amount of links within X amount of times but 99.9% of the hosts will NOT allow user to up their limit.

I can set up the bot for people. I will need FTP access for the vbbot.php & I can simply walk you through phpmy admin steps if you don't want to give a stranger full Cpanel access.

PM me the details please. I will only set this up for a few people.

YOPOP

how to add all forum like this? `forumid` = 2 OR `forumid` = 3 OR `forumid` = 4 OR `forumid` = 5 OR `forumid` = 6 OR `forumid` = 7 OR `forumid` = 8 OR `forumid` = 9 OR `forumid` = 10 OR `forumid` = 11 OR `forumid` = 12 OR `forumid` = 13 OR `forumid` = 14

XT-1

Dman said:
@GgAcE This bot is not for users who are on free hosting / crappy shared hosting ;)

hahaha

free hosting sux
and dman will fix all the current issues in the next release