v3 Arcade - Games Arcade System for 3.8.x

MobileHacks

v3 Arcade for vBulletin

"v3 Arcade" is the premiere arcade system written specifically for vBulletin. It's coded from scratch - not a port of an older version - and because it was coded specifically for vBulletin it uses the product system for code modifications, and utilizes AJAX technology throughout. Here's a brief rundown of the features in version of v3 Arcade.

- Supports both v3 Arcade and iB games.
- Download *legal* free, premium and multiplayer games directly from v3arcade.com to your Arcade installation.
- Import script to convert your old v3 Arcade installation. (A script to import games, scores and news from old IBPro installations is available here, thanks to Tigga: http:IBPro Import Script - v3 Arcade Forums)
- AJAX based instant ratings, for simple to use game ratings.
- AJAX based inline score moderation.
- AJAX based instant game searching.
- Tabbed, customizable categories.
- Challenge system for one-on-one contests.
- User-permission based settings for email/PM notification, challenge settings.
- Streamlined viewing modes for users with lower resolutions.
- AJAX based quick stats, for viewing statistics by passing the cursor over a username.
- Mass import tools for importing games in bulk.
- Reverse and decimal based scoring.
- Arcade-only closure with customizable message.
- Per game criteria, allows you to control access to games by reputation, posts, registration length.
- Postbit based awards.
- Personalized recommendations for other games users might like, based on what they’re playing.
- Quick stats, letting a user know how many other scores are above and below theirs.
- Score ranking.
- Admin customizable “score feedback”, displays a message based on how well as user has done.
- Numerous Admin CP settings to control things like popup opacity, maximum comment length, hover delay length, and numerous other behaviors.
- Full admin control over the types of content allowed in comments (BB code, HTML, smilies, etc.)
- Usergroup based access permissions.
- Fully phrased, for each translation into other languages.
- An ever growing collection of third party add-ons, thanks to Oblivion Knight.
- A slick, professional layout.
- Edit-free template updates!

Change Log

1.0.0 - First public release.

1.0.1 - Bug fixes and feature release.

- More visible postbit award presence.
- Reverse scoring option added to games.
- Data dictionary implementation, makes sure the Arcade database changes are correctly made.
- Template grouping.
- "Posts in the last 24 hours" criteria added to games.

1.0.5 - Bug fixes and feature release.

- Added search on/off toggle function in Admin CP.
- Opera compatibility fixed.
- Welcome message now an Admin CP option.
- Use "Miniature Mode" By Default option added to the Admin CP.
- New AJAX based favorites system.
- Hooks in place for vbBux integration (coming soon from CMX_CMGSCCC)
- Per-category on/off settings.
- Default user settings for challenges and notifications.
- Database error when pruning a user’s scores with table prefix.
- Database error when viewing distinct high scores when the table is empty.
- Notification bug fixes, users should now be notified based on their Arcade settings.
- Timestamp bug fixed for news and events.

1.0.6 - Bug fixes.

- Fixed a bug where unregistered users could challenge people in the Arcade.
- "Wipe All Scores" tool added.
- "arcade_award_bit" template is now cached correctly.

1.0.7 - Features and Bug fixes.

- Guests can now play games, but their scores aren't recorded. If a guest plays a game, they're asked to register if they want their score recorded afterwards.
- Admins can now wipe all scores through the Admin CP.
- Admins now have a tool to enable challenges by default for all users.
- Usergroup requirements for games are now in place.
- Admins can now choose to flip the columns and have the smaller panel on the left, with the larger content area on the right.
- News & Events - now entries contain links to games.
- Numerous bug fixes.
- Mass category changer for altering game categories en masse.
- High score rebuilder in the Admin CP.

1.0.8 - Project Relaunch

- Fixed "Security Token" error when a guest changed their Arcade settings in the UserCP.
- "Enable Automatic Template Edit" option added to automatically perform the needed template edits.
- Eliminated hard-coded phrases ("Standard Mode" & "Miniature Mode") in arcade_main & arcade_main_alt templates.

1.1.0 - Bug fixes / code cleanup

• Fixed bug that affected sites that turned on the option to only record one score per user per game.
  • Version 1.0.8 eliminated two hard-coded phrases. Version 1.0.9 accidentally reverted them back to being hard-coded. The phrases 'mode_minitaure' & 'mode_standard' have been restored.
  • The option 'Enable Arcade Awards' introduced in 1.0.9 was meant to be a global on/off option for showing the award images. When turning the option off, a 'missing image' was being shown on some pages.
  • Changed several phrases to say "award" instead of "trophy" since, starting with 1.0.9, you can display either trophies or the new unique crowns.
  • New plugin to help with some instances of scores not being submitted.
1.1.1 - Bug fixes / code cleanup

• Additional code to handle some instances of scores not being submitted.

Branding Free

All v3 Arcade installations carry and require a small "v3 Arcade" logo in the footer, as well as the text "Powered by v3 Arcade" which links to http:v3 Arcade. For information on legally removing the branding, please visit v3 Arcade.

v3 Arcade

If you're looking for more games, add-ons, support, tutorials, or anything Arcade related - v3 Arcade is the place to go.

Many thanks to...

- John, the original genius behind the v3 Arcade platform.
- All branding-free customers and donors, for supporting the project.
- Oblivion Knight, for his work on the forums and great add-ons.
- Snowy, for his work on the forums.
- Andreas a.k.a. KirbyDE, for his vB 3.5 tutorials.

Copyright

All code in distributed in this zip is Copyright ©2009 CinVin, with the following exceptions:
* class_tar.php - Credits within.
* All Actionscript code within the included .swf files, unless otherwise noted.​

Rawtec

well im using VB 3.8.1 and i have installed the arcade but i get this error.
Rawtec, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

But im administrator/super mod how to solve?

MobileHacks

you need to set permissions go in to your usergroup permissions

Rawtec said:
well im using VB 3.8.1 and i have installed the arcade but i get this error.

But im administrator/super mod how to solve?

dusean

never min I found what to do ... find the phrase name acrade_end write into it <blank> :D done ... you will not see anymore credits :D

weebeast

How can i get more games i dont see a download on v3 arcade site lol

Edit: Let it be found it and i hope its free lol

Potleg

im trying to upload more v3 arcade games but not having any luck it comes with a game file a php file and 2 gif images i ftp them in the appropriate areas and no extra game shows up on the v3 arcade? also im unaware on where the games php fiels goes,any help on this is much appreciated.

Kiriel

i uploaded the files folder to my forum directory but whenever I try to upload the product from my computer it comes up with this(attached image). help would be appreciated

EDIT: got it working