Urgent [lost my index page]

indiansword

i have vbCMPS installed on the forum.... now just because of my dumb mistake i deleted the actual index.php page... however the vbCMPS is still working... please tell me how to add my index page back?

Tactics

Just re-download your vbulletin version to your computer, then unzip it > take the index.php inside it and then upload that index,php. To me they are all the same.

indiansword

i dont exactly remember what version it is... but i remember i downloaded something called "vbulletin 3.7 beta 4" and i downloaded the similar thing from here... and its coming up now but it shows this error:

Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /index.php on line 145

bluescorpion

Somebody is mixed up here. If you deleted your CMPS index.php, you need to put the index.php back from CMPS and NOT vB, wtf?

Go into your admincp, to the Product Manager and see what version of CMPS you have installed. Then get the index.php from that version, add the correct path info to it and you should be up and running again with no problem. If you don't have the CMPS code, its probably here, search for it.

indiansword

look, first of all... i deleted the ACTUAL INDEX.PHP by mistake... so now theres only cmps... and now i deleted cmps and uploaded index.php from vb 3.7.3. so now i can see my index... but thats giving this error at the top of this page now..

Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /index.php on line 145

bluescorpion

Normally when you have CMPS installed, vBulletin lives in /forum(s) and cmps_index.php is renamed to index.php. The vBulletin index.php is in /forums and CMPS works out the path stuff to redirect to vBulletin when necessary otherwise it is the site front end. If you deleted the cmps_index.php or renamed version of it, you need to replace it with what you deleted.

indiansword

why dont u understand ?

i said.... NO CMPS... i didnt rename it to my index... i didnt change it to my index...

its just that i have lost my original INDEX which comes when u install ur forum for the first time...

and now i m not sure how to upload it back... coz i have uploaded it and its giving that error

bluescorpion

Here's what they say is the patch to fix it (for the few minutes it will take you to try it, its worth a shot, I think but don't get pissed at me if it doesn't work. I am just the messinger):

Open /includes/functions_databuild.php

Find:

Code:
$serveroffset = date('Z', TIMENOW) / 3600;

$fromdate = getdate(TIMENOW + (-12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$storebirthdays['day1'] = date('Y-m-d', TIMENOW + (-12 - $serveroffset) * 3600 );

$todate = getdate(TIMENOW + (12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$storebirthdays['day2'] = date('Y-m-d', TIMENOW + (12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);

$todayneggmt = date('m-d', TIMENOW + (-12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$todayposgmt = date('m-d', TIMENOW + (12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);

Replace With:

Code:
	$serveroffset = date('Z', TIMENOW) / 3600;

$fromdate = getdate(TIMENOW + (-12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$storebirthdays['day1'] = date('Y-m-d', TIMENOW + (-12 - $serveroffset) * 3600 );

$fromdate = getdate(TIMENOW + (-11 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$storebirthdays['day1'] = date('Y-m-d', TIMENOW + (-11 - $serveroffset) * 3600 );
	$todate = getdate(TIMENOW + (12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$storebirthdays['day2'] = date('Y-m-d', TIMENOW + (12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$todate = getdate(TIMENOW + (13 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$storebirthdays['day2'] = date('Y-m-d', TIMENOW + (13 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$todayneggmt = date('m-d', TIMENOW + (-12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$todayposgmt = date('m-d', TIMENOW + (12 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$todayneggmt = date('m-d', TIMENOW + (-11 - $serveroffset) * 3600);
	$todayposgmt = date('m-d', TIMENOW + (13 - $serveroffset) * 3600);

HTH

indiansword

did take a look at the address of the webpage which i pm'ed u? because i have uploaded a new index and the page looks fine but its just that error which is appearing at the top of the page

Curtis129

he means with or without vbadvanced instaled, hes deleted the actual index.php, the index page that we have with or without CMPS. you need to find your original installed folder of which you have the index.php and just put it back in your public html dir.
why dont you do daily backups? this way things like this dont happen.

bluescorpion

According to the bug report, that error message is a temporary thing and should only last about an hour because the code is referencing a timezoneoffset that has a problem but goes away an hour after midnight in the bad timezone code.

HTH

Tactics

LOL, i had a small laugh reading this topic. But, I am not sure if this is yet solved? So, I will attach the index.php that I think you dont have.

bluescorpion

LOL, me too! I think he's got that one now. The problem now appears to be a known bug in vB TimeZone definitions that is causing that warning message to appear...

indiansword

i dont understand what it has do with timezone... problem arized as soon as i deleted my index.php ... so its something else... DONT KNOW WHT :( .. lemme try the index tactics has posted