Simple Sitemap

MobileHacks

What is it
a really simple sitemap for spiders.

Why
vbseo sitemap is good. but i need another sitemap for spiders to crawl my site more NATURALLY and a sitemap to feed spiders other than google and yahoo.

this sitemap script list all of your threads, newest first. the page updates so fast that spiders will check it more often. hopefully it helps your new threads get indexed quickly.

Install
Step 1: upload sitemap.php to your forum root.
Step 2: modify template "footer"

Find
PHP:
<a href="#top" onclick="self.scrollTo(0, 0); return false;">$vbphrase[top]</a>

Add Above
PHP:
<a href="$vboptions[bburl]/sitemap.php">Sitemap</a> -

dogbox

Update
Working just fine, one question, the sitemap link is visible for all users, is this correct or should it be just for Admins?

Blagger

A sitemap is used for members to get around a site quickly without having to go through endless forums with fancy graphics.

The sitemap must be seen on your forum or spiders will not see it and search.

dogbox

RobbieZ said:
A sitemap is used for members to get around a site quickly without having to go through endless forums with fancy graphics.

The sitemap must be seen on your forum or spiders will not see it and search.

Thank you RobbieZ, I just wasn't quite sure.

absinth

Problem is vbseo patch for vbulletin 3.8

Code:
http://www.vbteam.info/seo-search-engine-optimisation/14485-vbseo-3-2-patch-vbulletin-3-8-file-edit.html

work for me!

Zolid

absinth said:
Problem is vbseo patch for vbulletin 3.8

Code:
http://www.vbteam.info/seo-search-engine-optimisation/14485-vbseo-3-2-patch-vbulletin-3-8-file-edit.html
work for me!

Didn't work:S

2v80iyu.jpg

absinth

i can,if you turn on admincp-usergroups-Usergroup Manager-Unregistered / Not Logged In-Can View Thread Content if is turn no Simple Sitemap with blank page!

realraptalk

hey can you tell me that how to use this sitemap??
'cause i submitted sitemap.php to google but it said that the format is not supported! HELP!

yugkapoor

<<<<::::||||same here||||::::>>>>

realraptalk said:
hey can you tell me that how to use this sitemap??
'cause i submitted sitemap.php to google but it said that the format is not supported! Help!