Need help with CometChat v1.0.0? Post here

h@ck3r

ade_dnb said:
heres the uncompressed css if you want to look at it. Sorry if ive made any mistakes but it should be all ok. Havent tested it cos sites down at the mo so have nothing to test it with.

Many thanks mate- I'll have a look at it tomorrow morning.

When I'm finished modifying it- How do I compress it again?

ade_dnb

There's no point, it only reduces the size few kb and youl be bolloxed if you wanna change something again.

lxndr

Please ignore if this is considered off-topic but I'm trying to hack this script so that it might work as a standalone, i.e without VB running ... does anyone know how easy that's likely to be? I'm assuming I'd need a MySQL table to hold "friends" data and some means of letting the script know I'm online and who I am .. is this currently handled by accessing the VB sessionhash cookie ?

h@ck3r

lxndr said:
Please ignore if this is considered off-topic but I'm trying to hack this script so that it might work as a standalone, i.e without VB running ... does anyone know how easy that's likely to be? I'm assuming I'd need a MySQL table to hold "friends" data and some means of letting the script know I'm online and who I am .. is this currently handled by accessing the VB sessionhash cookie ?

Maybe I'm wrong- But I don't think CometChat was ONLY released for VB.

I'm pretty sure it's just 'compatible' with VB.

DON

lxndr said:
I think they are making a version for SMF and a stand alone version.

DOPE

Suggestions for everyone:

if i were you, i would add:
Code:
<if condition="$show['member']">

and

Code:
</if>

around both edits in both footer and header, or else it shows an error if unregistered...

GgAcE

lxndr said:
The standalone version is already available ... of course it's not in my possession which is why I was hoping to hack the vb version ... ;)

Through another source. yes. You can find a similar script in many other places. Facebook wasn't the first to do this.

lxndr

GgAcE said:
Through another source. yes. You can find a similar script in many other places. Facebook wasn't the first to do this.

Any specific suggestions? I suppose I could just wait for a nulled version of the standalone to appear ... but I thought I'd be able to decipher the vb version and just simulate being a vb user ... so far I've not had too much luck but then I'm only really any good at php .. and this is mainly js ...

bl1nk

guys, i would suggest everyone just to wait. Give it till the mid of next week or so and a new version of comet chat will be out with many many bug fixes and new features. They were saying a new version would be out the end of this week or start of next.

iLive

chaotic_geo said:
I installed it, added the codes to header/footer, but I just get that yellow icon saying "Please login to use Comet Chat". I am logged in WTF, any ideas guys? Maybe something to do with cookies?

I have tried messing with the cookie settings/clear my data but to no avail. :(

EDIT.

I got my answer:

CometChat always shows "Please login to use CometChat" even when I have logged in.
If you are using a custom cookie, CometChat will be in offline mode. Please contact us so that we can help you further.

I just changed my cookie prefix back to bb - the original cookie prefix on a default installation and it looks like it works.

can you explain better what you edited?

I have the default setting and nothing happens, it is offline mode!

Tomkinss

vBTEAM - NLP
The following error(s) were encountered:

No database selected
No database selected

Please make sure that the path to config.php is correct. If the problem persists, contact us at [email protected]

boetchax

cinneke said:
not working on 3.8.3 get no body online i have 70 friens online in the forum but no in the chat

dammn :

naamloosd.jpg

thats fine !!! need the code's :)

i have this in my forum :

Footer:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/forum/cometchat/js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/forum/cometchat/js/cometchat.js"></script>

Header:

Code:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="/forum/cometchat/css/cometchat.css" />

i have the folder named cometchat

I got the same problems above. Already done what GgAcE told but still no online user T.T