Need help with CometChat v1.0.0? Post here

h@ck3r

Please can a mod? admin delete my first post in the release thread:
http://www.vbteam.info/compatible-scripts/24564-cometchat-v1-0-0-a-3.html#post115592

Few bugs I've found in this hack:

1. When chatting- If you type

...it becomes:

2. If you post a link in the chat- It's not converted to a link.

3. Smilies don't work in the chat.

As Psi(7 more letters) said though- It's in it's early stages.

So updates should be on the way in the near future.

If anyone's bought this, please feel free to report these bugs on the cometchat forum :D

==================================​

Now.. I want to change something but can't locate it.

When you click the settings button on comet chat, the header says 'Comet chat options'. How can I change this to say 'chat options'?

While file do I need to edit?

Another thing:
I'm using Bluefox style, and the text box where you type is showing as black, and the text is grey, so until you hit enter, you can't read what you've wrote.

How can I change this? Maybe add some code to my .css?

One other thing- Can I add a conditional to this so only some usergroups can use it?

cinneke

not working on 3.8.3 get no body online i have 70 friens online in the forum but no in the chat

dammn :

naamloosd.jpg

thats fine !!! need the code's :)

i have this in my forum :

Footer:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/forum/cometchat/js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/forum/cometchat/js/cometchat.js"></script>

Header:

Code:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="/forum/cometchat/css/cometchat.css" />

i have the folder named cometchat

GgAcE

h@ck3r said:
http://www.vbteam.info/compatible-scripts/24564-cometchat-v1-0-0-a-3.html#post115592

...it becomes:

If anyone's bought this, please feel free to report these bugs on the cometchat forum :D

When you click the settings button on comet chat, the header says 'Comet chat options'. How can I change this to say 'chat options'?

Another thing:
I'm using Bluefox style, and the text box where you type is showing as black, and the text is grey, so until you hit enter, you can't read what you've wrote.

One other thing- Can I add a conditional to this so only some usergroups can use it?

To fix the apostrophy issue:

This problem occurs because of magic quotes being switched on. For a quick fix, add the following code at the end of cometchat_init.php

Code:
function stripSlashesDeep($value) {
 $value = is_array($value) ? array_map('stripSlashesDeep', $value) : stripslashes($value);
 return $value;
}
if ( get_magic_quotes_gpc() ) {
 $_GET    = stripSlashesDeep($_GET   );
 $_POST   = stripSlashesDeep($_POST  );
 $_COOKIE = stripSlashesDeep($_COOKIE);
}

GgAcE

cinneke said:
not working on 3.8.3 get no body online i have 70 friens online in the forum but no in the chat

dammn :

naamloosd.jpg

Footer:

Code:

Header:

Code:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="/forum/cometchat/css/cometchat.css" />

The fix is to add in cometchat_receive.php on line 190:

Code:
$chat['username'] = utf8_encode($chat['username']);

It should look like:

Code:
$chat['username'] = utf8_encode($chat['username']);
$buddyList[] = array('id' => $chat['userid'], 'name' => $chat['username'], 'status' => $chat['status'], 'message' => $chat['message'], 'time' => $chat['lastactivity']);

cinneke said:

dammn :

naamloosd.jpg

Footer:

Code:

Header:

Code:

Try without the / in front of /forum also, this has been a problem for some.

danswano

h@ck3r said:

...it becomes:

Another thing:

See here for that slash http://www.vbteam.info/how/24590-how-remove-slash.html

and for editing the text see the js folder "cometchat.js"

for colors see the css file.

h@ck3r

danswano said:
See here for that slash http://www.vbteam.info/how/24590-how-remove-slash.html

and for editing the text see the js folder "cometchat.js"

for colors see the css file.

Trailing slash problem is fixed here.

Editing the text- Cheers I'll have a look :D

Colours- yeh I had a look in the css file, but it's not as easy to work out as I thought. Have you actually looked at it? :D

The CSS file for comet chat is using the colours from the forum skin, as it's only on the bluefox skin I have a problem. On the VBSeo style- the background is white, and text is black.

So somehow, a part of the CSS needs replaced with it's own style- But I'm unsure how to do it.

danswano

i made some colors changes and no it's not using the forum css, it has it's own so you must edit the values, changed it from blue to green to fit VBSEO pro skin.

h@ck3r

danswano said:
i made some colors changes and no it's not using the forum css, it has it's own so you must edit the values, changed it from blue to green to fit VBSEO pro skin.

Can you maybe show us what bit you changed then?

As I said- I've got VBSeo pro style installed, and also bluefox.

On bluefox, it appears like this:

View attachment 15333

And on VBSeo pro style it appears like this:

View attachment 15334

Which is why I assumed it's using the CSS from the forum styles. Sorry if I'm wrong, but it certainly seems that way to me.

ct2k7

Hello, I've just installed, but it doesn't seem to be working, i.e, it's not showing up. I've tried flushing the caches, but no show. I am running vB 3.8.2

chaotic_geo

I installed it, added the codes to header/footer, but I just get that yellow icon saying "Please login to use Comet Chat". I am logged in WTF, any ideas guys? Maybe something to do with cookies?

I have tried messing with the cookie settings/clear my data but to no avail. :(

EDIT.

I got my answer:

CometChat always shows "Please login to use CometChat" even when I have logged in.
If you are using a custom cookie, CometChat will be in offline mode. Please contact us so that we can help you further.

I just changed my cookie prefix back to bb - the original cookie prefix on a default installation and it looks like it works.

wiseman

anyone confirm this makes your board very slow? I have 60-90 people on at a time, dont want it to slow down my forum.

ade_dnb

heres the uncompressed css if you want to look at it. Sorry if ive made any mistakes but it should be all ok. Havent tested it cos sites down at the mo so have nothing to test it with.