ICo-Content.vB.Forum.Edition.v1.5.2.for.vBulletin.3.6.PHP.NULLIFIED-GYSN

scott202

Thanks, works great for me!

BTW, does anybody know any good tags to use for a "General Chat" area of a forum.
I would really appreciate it if people could reply with tags which return useful results

nexia

hey, come on, keep your trash for another place, it's not the goal of this forum to ask for suggestions on your site.

Chaosis

Hey Nexia, do you think you could modify the code to have the already existing users made by Ico-Content be the only ones to post? I don't know it's that possible, but we could use less users now, and more users with more than one post. Please try experimenting with that, I would if I was as good of a coder as you :)

nexia

lol... stop sending flowers, it's not even teasing me... rofl

actually it would make the process from THIS version very cumbersome because it is impossible to have it directly... would have to drop most of the existing queries to yahoo and build new ones...

but this is a good idea for someone with a lot of spare time -- what i have not...

Chaosis

Ah, okay, but I have one more problem:

Now, no answers are being posted, only new threads. It's run every hour, and those created yesterday have not had answers posted to them, even though the program has run more than 10 times since the thread was created...could you look into this?

scott202

nexia said:
hey, come on, keep your trash for another place, it's not the goal of this forum to ask for suggestions on your site.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I was just wondering what people had most success with. I thought it would benefit everyone.

Nevermind :)

nexia

Chaosis said:
Ah, okay, but I have one more problem:

Now, no answers are being posted, only new threads. It's run every hour, and those created yesterday have not had answers posted to them, even though the program has run more than 10 times since the thread was created...could you look into this?

are you sure you have the latest version installed, because Mike had the same problem until i post the latest version of the script...

Chaosis

See, I have my forum set to have 1 post per day, and as many replies as needed, but look at the results:

Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for Nintendo Wii using tag "Nintendo Wii"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for PlayStation 2 using tag "PlayStation 2"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for TV and Movies using tag "Movies"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for GameCube using tag "Nintendo GameCube"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for Internet using tag "Internet Explorer"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for PlayStation Portable using tag "PlayStation Portable"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for PlayStation 1 using tag "PlayStation 1"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for Xbox 360 using tag "Xbox360"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for Computers using tag "Windows XP"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for GameBoy using tag "Nintendo GameBoy"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for PlayStation 3 using tag "PlayStation 3"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for Nintendo DS using tag "Nintendo DS"
Added 1 question and 0 answer to queue for iPods using tag "iPod"

nexia

this is not related to the way i updated the script, but because all questions are done...

i used these keywords:

Added 3 questions and 6 answers to queue for Answers.Yahoo.com test forum using tag "PlayStation 2"
Added 2 questions and 5 answers to queue for Answers.Yahoo.com test forum using tag "Movies"
Added 1 question and 1 answer to queue for Answers.Yahoo.com test forum using tag "PlayStation Portable"
Added 1 question and 1 answer to queue for Answers.Yahoo.com test forum using tag "PlayStation 3"

... and this is just after i used the same keywords of your own query and had about 50 new questions for each (as Yahoo do not send more than 50 results per query)

remember that Yahoo's database is not generating results for you, it grab the content they have... if you set the engine to check the last 7 days only and there is nothing posted in these keywords in the last week, sure there will be no result, be logical

candomike

I have not had any answers posted since I installed, reinstalled the latest version. I have my wife running it on 3 seperate website forums and she is having the same problem. So it's not an isolated problemo. Like I said I had it working perfect except the incredible load it was taking on the server, you fixed that incredibly enough. But ever since I just get questions, it's gotta be something simple, but for the life of me i can't figure it out. I have tried numerous settings grrrrrrrrrrr I have been with this since the begining and it's so close to being tweaked.

To Chaos; I think there is a default of 25, so I do not think you can get away with one thread a day. I had it working on over 125 forums, an exact mirror. and thANKS TO Nexia he took the ball and ran with it and fixed it and made it better. But there are defaults,one thread a day won't work. IMO

We should all really thank Nexia for taking a lot of free time away from his family and job endeavors to help us individually. He has a lot of patience actually, a lot more then most.

I think when people post there problems, they should post more info like IE: Which version of VB they are running, which version of this product they are using and any mods they have. The more info the Better. It's hard to be A Mind Reader.........

Lacidious

Hi I installed this mod and have not been able to access my forums or my admincp since .....all I get is a blank screen!!! Someone please help.

nexia

Lacidious said:
Hi I installed this mod and have not been able to access my forums or my admincp since .....all I get is a blank screen!!! Someone please help.

the only help you'll have is to uninstall the script...

happy christmas!

candomike

Like I said, post more info ! Like what version of VB, what mods do you have, has the VB structure been changed. My hunch is your permissions are set wrong. It could be one of a million things. Like Nexia said, uninstall and start over. We are not mind readers on here. Read through all of the forums on here and see if someone has a similiar problem. If you are a Noobe then it will be almost impossible to catch up to what Nexia has done as you'd have to be in on this from the start for it to make any sense. Also some people have it working while others do not.

candomike

Lacidious: I was thinking about your problem and remember I had the same thing...... I have a hunch what your problem is and it's not a permission setting at all. I know there is one version of this script that takes up a lot of resources, pulling in the feeds. That's my hunch. If you can activate it again and keep a seperate window open that shows your Cpanel resources with the memory, swap disk info etc etc and if that shoots through the roof then you have the version that just eats up all your resources. Thats why you can't get on your forums or your admin. I don't know what you are running on your server, virtual VS your own server. But I have my own server and thats how I knew it was working but eating up all of my resources, but I knew it was working. Also just try one forum with one word which shouldn't be such a hog and then see if you can get on. Otherwise try the very latest version that Nexia has posted and see if that works. Also try setting your cron time differently....

I hope Nexia starts posting again but then again I hope he is having somewhat of a vacation and found a good contract or job to pay his bills........

Chaosis

Okay, I've been testing this, and I'm have the same problems as candomike, Ico-Content is adding a bunch of new questions and no answers. Did you ever get a fix, Mike? Anyone?

candomike

Chaosis: nope I have the same problems as you do. I just have it on a couple of forums. Nexia has it working on his I think. But in the releases, the latest all it did was speed it up with smaller resources which was great but it's only posting questions and not questions with answers to them like it's supposed to. I don't know if Nexia ia around or not to help. But I had it working but not any more.......any idea's, it's gotta be simple to fix but I have no idea....