ICo-Content.vB.Forum.Edition.v1.5.2.for.vBulletin.3.6.PHP.NULLIFIED-GYSN

nexia

OK, no need to import the product again, but all the files have to be re-uploaded.

what have changed ?!

nothing, really... it's just grabbing the answers now... :)

was not a comma, but a non-global variable missing in the process.. complicated things they are, little beasts.

so now, the engine seems to work.

if you have a ton of non-answered threads, they will still not be answered, because ico-content is not updating the answers on posted questions... this is for next project, not this one.

i reverted parts of code from the ancient structure, so posting each answer is about 1 second for each pageload... this is horrible, i know, but it all depend on your server usage i suppose, mine is at 2 or 3 always...

the system is not to be upgraded, i'll finish debugging, that's all.

candomike

Whooooa works for me........again....Needs a tweak for the server load but otherwise...Flawless and you know how big my forums are so I am implementing them a few at a time in ratio to the server load...I've got a 155 forums and if this can be pulled off like before Whoaaaaaah. Thanks Nexia...You deserve good things after leaving where you used to work. You got screwed there, but it's always darkest before the dawn....Man it's nice to see ypur branching out on different endeavors....If you need some advice. lemme know ;) thanks again !!!!!

nexia

hopefully, if i start working on a Nex-Answers engine, it will be 500 times faster, as the new API send-back the data in a serialized package -- PHP!... so much faster, using RSS instead of XML-query, and a easier way to grab info...

anyway, this is another story. i have 2 sites to open before that...

b33znutz

nexia said:
OK, no need to import the product again, but all the files have to be re-uploaded.

what have changed ?!

nothing, really... it's just grabbing the answers now... :)

was not a comma, but a non-global variable missing in the process.. complicated things they are, little beasts.

so now, the engine seems to work.

if you have a ton of non-answered threads, they will still not be answered, because ico-content is not updating the answers on posted questions... this is for next project, not this one.

i reverted parts of code from the ancient structure, so posting each answer is about 1 second for each pageload... this is horrible, i know, but it all depend on your server usage i suppose, mine is at 2 or 3 always...

the system is not to be upgraded, i'll finish debugging, that's all.

Ok, here are my latest mirrors
.. I have named it "ico-content.v1.5.6[NeXiA]" (without nexias permission mind you) just for version tracking purposes.. so I (we) can keep up... Nex- i can change this or whatever.. just let me know..

List of Mirrors:
mirrorb33z - Cause Mirrors Prevent Dead Links - Download - ico-content.v1.5.6_NeXiA_.zip

[ico-NeX'09] <--- you should name your project that! lol.. ico-nex.. kinda catchy dont ya think? hehe

nexia

nah, i don't mind you name the mirrored file whatever you want.

for the project, i have no mean to use the "ico" thing in it as it's not a single way related to that obsolete engine... and i have a protocol for years regarding filenames of my own stuff... people who know me already know that my variables, files and arrays are named by me.. lol

nexia

candomike said:
Thanks Nexia...You deserve good things after leaving where you used to work.

hum, about that, i'm not sure what you are talking about.. .lol.. but anyway, sometimes, people relate to me even when i'm not involved...

nexia

it's not posting automatically, you have to have an active site for that... the system will randomly post a new question or answer depending on the % you put in the "Threads to Replies Ratio"... also remember to have at least 1, max 25 in the "Posting Loop -- DEBUG FOR TESTERS" field... the more in this setting, the longer it takes to post.

grabbing info from answers.yahoo.com is made via the cronjob, but POSTING is made on each pageload of your site... people have to visit...

one good thing if your site is not yet opened, is to have this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

Chaosis

I have 20% for the threads to replies ration, and 10 for the posting loop option. But it's posting the questions, Nexia, just not the answers that it said it's adding.

nexia

were you having the problem with tons of grabbed questions with no answers ?! the system will first clear the old questions with no answers, and then, at a certain moment, new questions with answers are supposed to popup... do you have a lot of pageloads? fast entries or slow?

candomike

What Version of VB are you running? Have you rebooted at all after doing the last fix from Nexia? My site is working great except for the server load which has really slowed down the server. Which version of Mysql are you using. Sounds to me like it's something simple as usual.

Chaosis

Okay, it's creating a TON of users now who have 0 posts. It's creating new users who are posting 1 post, don't worry, but any way to stop Ico-Content from creating 20 new users with 0 posts every time it's run?

nexia

oh, yeah, that crap... hum, i thought it would not come.

i'll make a fix. it's regarding your older questions which were posted without answers... these are rampant users.

also, if you encounter timeouts in your forum, with an error like this
forum said:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/wine/public_html/forums/global.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 37
it means your server have a exectime too short... and you have more than "1" in the setting "Posting Loop -- DEBUG FOR TESTERS" ...

nexia

did not find any fix, i will be able to find a fix when i can replicate the problem, because it's just a logical code which is illogical sporadically.

candomike

What version of Vbulletin are you using and are you using VBSEO and what version of Mysql also. Are there any questions or answers being pooled in your Mysql? it could be something as simple as the permissions for the ICO PHP's. Did you also delete the old rssposter or are you using the nexis poster for Q's and A's? The nexis version that was last posted by Nexis is for 3.80+ if you are using the old Vbulletin 3.6 etc then you will need to use a different version..