[3.7.x] Inferno vBShout Pro 2.5.2

Gh0st

Peru_BobMarley,

I don't think Inferno vBShout is compatible with visitors posting in the shoutbox. Maybe you should ask the creators of vBShout to add this feature.

Peru_BobMarley

yeah.. but i think.. somebody can modificate it ??

or some shoutbox where visitantas and registreds can post but it work in portal vbabvanced?

Gh0st

Peru_BobMarley,

Why do you want visitors to be allowed to post in the shoutbox anyway? It doesn't take that long to register on forums.

dacoolguy

Hey, i want this also on the staff section, which is Forum ID 18, which template do i edit and what do i type in after "index" in the box of included pages that the SB is on?

Thanks,

adeltaY

Peru_BobMarley

Gh0st said:
Peru_BobMarley,

Why do you want visitors to be allowed to post in the shoutbox anyway? It doesn't take that long to register on forums.

Hi.. i want it.. because i want as a messenger.. where anybody can let his message.. because.. not always the ppl want to register

ianmurph

When I put Then Find: $navbar
Add this underneath the code: <!--{%SHOUTBOX%}--> in my index.php I get an error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/wicked/public_html/index.php on line 541

any idea why?

b33znutz

for all who are wondering, this works perfect with 3.7.4 and vbseo 3.2 ... just remember that by default it is disabled via the manage products menu so enable it after install!

Filez

ianmurph said:
Add this underneath the code: <!--{%SHOUTBOX%}--> in my index.php I get an error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/wicked/public_html/index.php on line 541

any idea why?

Unless it has changed from when I installed there was nothing to do except but this:

Edit the template: FORUMHOME
Find: $navbar
Underneath this add: <!--{%SHOUTBOX%}-->

and from what im getting from you you did this in the index.php on your server?0

megamisiek23

U me after you install shows this problem:

Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /mnt/local/home/xxxxx/Mójhost.pl/infernoshout/engine/inferno_shout.php on line 497

As always writes or editing post - I memory_size value is set to 128M
what's the problem?

alexD

Just so you know error when trying to register says i left a feild blank but the check box was checked and i waited the time frame of the count down clock.

ChanceEncounter

ianmurph said:

any idea why?
You don't need to edit any core files. Don't edit your index.php.

Edit the templates that you want it to come up on, such as FORUMHOME, FORUMDISPLAY, SHOWTHREAD, et cetera.

dacoolguy

Hey, how do i get it so that the SB shows up on only one page, the forumdisplay id is 17, where in the FORUMDISPLAY template do i edit?

[TgA] ATI

I feel stupid, but how do I enable this, it doesn't appear in the VB options menu. I don't know if I installed it right. Can some one please walk me though this step by step.
Thanks.

Tozon

Hey Im using this script, But i keep getting the problem "Loading" on the shoutbox, Everything is Uploaded to the forums root dir with index.php and members.php etc... But it keeps getting that error

Can someone add me on msn and help me!

[email protected]

Thanks