zeromq - bytearray (from .net server) to string in java

haithamhaitham

I'm working on a project that uses both .net and java, using zeromq to communicate between them.I can connect to the .net server, however when I try to convert the byte array to a string strange things happen. In the eclipse debugger I can see the string, and its length. When I click on the string its value changes to being only the first letter, and the length changes to 1. In the eclipse console when I try to copy and paste the output I only get the first letter. I also tried running it in NetBeans and get the same issue.I thought it might be due to Endianness, so have tired bothBIG_ENDIANLITTLE_ENDIANAnyone know how I an get the full string, and not just the first letter? \[code\]import java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException;import java.nio.ByteBuffer;import java.nio.ByteOrder;import org.zeromq.ZMQ;class local_thr{private static final String ENDPOINT = "tcp://127.0.0.1:8000";static String[] myargs={ENDPOINT, "1000", "100"}; public static void main (String [] args) { args = myargs; ZMQ.Context ctx = ZMQ.context (1); ZMQ.Socket s = ctx.socket (ZMQ.SUB); s.subscribe("".getBytes()); s.connect (ENDPOINT); while(true){ byte [] data = http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8630347/s.recv (0); ByteBuffer buf = ByteBuffer.wrap(data); buf.order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()); byte[] bytes = new byte[buf.remaining()]; buf.get(bytes, 0, bytes.length); String quote; quote = new String(bytes); String myQuote; myQuote = new String(); System.out.println (quote); } } }\[/code\]