Your thoughts on this article

makhaen

I ran across this article, and was pretty turned off after just a few lines. Here's the first paragraph:Quote:people worry far too much about DMOZ. It's just a directory. A link from DMOZ has no greater effect that a link from any page of equal quality.DMOZ is good no matter how you put it.It's no better than any other link . DMOZ is just a directory, It doesn't have any special powers.What makes it so special?It is special that many, many other sites makes mirror sites of the DMOZ listings and therefor a single listing in DMOZ ends up giving you many links for free - not great quality, but more than you asked for.Not to mention that Google directory itself uses dmoz data verbatim.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DmozQuote:I hadn't heard about that dyefade. Hopefully DMOZ will speed up it's slow death so we can all forget about it.Solutions, Maybe i am old fasioned, But the last thing i want is backlinks from scraper sites.Yeah, it is true about the coma of dmoz. I am an editor of dmoz but having problem logging in. According to resource-zone:Quote: