Windows management company

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Could someone please throw update regarding windows management company? I only got got-management.com on my list and still looking for options budget is $100/mo and prefer NOT to use one-man show company please suggest thanksWe have been using got-management.com for about 9 months now. I can understand why your looking for a larger company tho. In the am hours (like now, 1:38am EST) he's not around, not until 6-7am EST.I'm also looking for a managed hosting company that supports Windows. From the looks of almost every company mentioned on the forums they all only support Linux, which is understandable. I'd need a company to help with MySQL, PHP, Mail/Spam functions and other general support. I may be switching to Helm/Plesk soon, but if I find a good managed service I could be talked into switching to whatever they are best at supporting. It looks like platinumservermanagement may support Windows from what they say on their front page: "If your server is running a different OS or Control Panel, please contact our Sales department prior to signing up. Can anyone confirm that they may support Windows? From the recommendations on these forums and the price they offer the services at, I'd like to try this company if possible. They have not responded to my email about this question yet though. Seeksadmin.com looks like they only support Linux. Touchsupport.com looks like they support Windows, but they are considerably more expensive than the rest. Managemybox.com looks like they only support Linux. Got-management.com looks like they support Windows, but they have limited admin time they give you and they are considerably more expensive. Any help finding a reliable company that supports Windows would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!Hi,

You could try:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.handynetworks.com/server-management-overview.cfm">http://www.handynetworks.com/server-man ... erview.cfm</a><!-- m -->

Regards.Do you or anyone that you know have any personal experience with the company? Thanks for the recommendation.Do you or anyone that you know have any personal experience with the company? Thanks for the recommendation.

Yes. Also, both Jay (Jay Suds) and Mike (mgriffin) are users of WHT. You can judge their level of expertise from their posts.

Regards.Are you looking for your servers to just be fully managed?? No ticket support, no customer support on the server?We've been with got-management.com for over 2 years now and have been very happy Jon and how he runs things. We only use him for Linux, but if we need a hand with a Windows machine, he's the guy we go to. Regardless of them not being there 24/7, I would still strongly suggest you give them a shot.Thanks for all of your help everyone. Right now I'm leaning towards handynetworks.com, but I'm still talking to a few companies. They are the same price as got-management.com and don't restrict you to a certain amount of admin time. They also seem to be a little bit larger of a company, which doesn't necessarily mean that they are better. I need to find out if they are available 24/7 still. They also specialize in Helm, which is what I was considering switching to anyways.Just wanted to pipe in here. I am not in the forums much, but I did see this thread.

I am Jon Berry of GOT-Management.com.

In some senses I am a one-man show in that I am the only face/voice you would deal with. Some people are not comfortable with that and I understand that. On the other hand, most of my clients have come to appreciate the personal relationship I develop with them. When you deal with the same person for your problems, they get to know you and your issues and can serve you best.

This is one of the reasons I have not hired more techs. I have exceptionally high standards and I do not like the idea of have three or four techs on staff that may or may not understand your specific needs.

Also, our website says 24/7 monitoring and that is what it means. I do have people standing by 24/7 monitoring your server and taking care of problems as they come up.

Routine issues, as the site says are handled during normal hours.

As far as limiting the number of hours, in reality, I have only even had one client that I had an issue in abusing the time provided. In reality, as much time as is necessary will be spent to insure the good working order of any servers under my care.

For windows I prefer plesk. I can also work with a server that has no control panel. I have never worked with a server that has Helm. I would be open to it though.

I do not work with HostingController as a rule of thumb.

I hope this clears some of the questions up.

JonJon, Thanks for your response. I just had a few questions. 1) Who would be responsible for server support at night? Is this outsourced to India? 2) What kind of setup do you do when purchasing? Patching security holes, optimizing the server, installing any monitoring tools, etc? 3) One issue that we've having right now is with our emails not being received by some users that use Hotmail, Yahoo, or Charter. Would that be an issue that you would address? We currently use Mail Enable. 4) We are having a MySQL problem that only lets us use our root username/password with the old password styles for databases. Would that be something you could address? 5) Also, what made you decide to become familiar with Plesk over Helm? I'm not attached to either of them and if I went with a Managed Host that prefers Plesk, then I'd probably just switch to Plesk. Thanks!1. It is outsourced. I use two different companies depending on the particulars of the server. They are both US companies, not indian.

2. All of that, yes.

3. I will help diagnose email problems as much as possible. Ultimately some things are beyond our control, however, in 99% of cases, if the email is set up correctly, then the mail will go through. Some places, however, like AOL, can be extremely difficult to deal with.

4. Yes, I can help with MySQL problems. Its always best if you can rpesent me with a way to duplciate your problem. It leads to fastest results.

5. Most of my clients come from the big datacenters like The Plantet/EV1, softlayer, etc and by and large they offer plesk much more often than Helm. Until now, I have never had anyone come to me asking about Helm. I did have a period of time that I worked on a Linux box with H-Sphere and I decided I would never do that again.

Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know.

Jon