Why I could not be able to get the CSS & JQuery effects in this GridView?

loocush

I am trying to use this nice article about (Freezing GridView header and columns while scrolling rest of the content) in my project but I failed. I followed all the steps mentioned in the post but still I did not get it and I don't know why.I got the GridView with the data but without the CSS and JQuery effects. I got the symbol of error on the bottom left corner in the IE browser which says: Char: 9 Error: '0.offsetHeight' is null or not an object Code:0Also, sometimes it gives me the following error: Char: 11 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method Code:0And by the way, when I deleted the inline JavaScript that is existed below CSS style in the ASP.NET code, I did not get that error symbolMy ASP.NET code:<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"></script> <script src="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8869648/js/jquery.fixedtable.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <%--This is for the GridView--%> <style type="text/css"> .fixedColumn .fixedTable td { color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #5097d1; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; } .fixedHead td, .fixedFoot td { color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #5097d1; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #187BAF; } .fixedTable td { font-size: 10pt; background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 5px; text-align: left; border: 1px solid #CEE7FF; } </style> <script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function () { $(".tableDiv").each(function () { var Id = $(this).get(0).id; var maintbheight = 355; var maintbwidth = 760; $("#" + Id + " .FixedTables").fixedTable({ width: maintbwidth, height: maintbheight, fixedColumns: 4, // header style classHeader: "fixedHead", // footer style classFooter: "fixedFoot", // fixed column on the left classColumn: "fixedColumn", // the width of fixed column on the left fixedColumnWidth: 100, // table's parent div's id outerId: Id, // tds' in content area default background color Contentbackcolor: "#FFFFFF", // tds' in content area background color while hover. Contenthovercolor: "#99CCFF", // tds' in fixed column default background color fixedColumnbackcolor: "#5097d1", // tds' in fixed column background color while hover. fixedColumnhovercolor: "#99CCFF" }); }); }); </script><asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:testConnectionString %>" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure" SelectCommand="kbiReport" FilterExpression="[DivisionName] like '{0}%'"> <FilterParameters> <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="ddlDivision" Name="DivisionName" PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="String" /> </FilterParameters> <SelectParameters> <%--ControlParameter is linked to the HiddenField above to generate different GridView based on different values of GroupID--%> <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="HiddenField1" Name="GroupID" PropertyName="Value" DefaultValue=http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8869648/3 /> </SelectParameters> </asp:SqlDataSource><%-- <div style="width:700px; overflow:auto; overflow-y:hidden;">--%> <div id="divGrid" class="tableDiv"> <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowSorting="True" CellPadding="3" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" ClientIDMode="Static" class="fixedTables" Width="600" AutoGenerateColumns="true" AlternatingRowStyle-CssClass="alt" RowStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" OnRowDataBound="GridView1_RowDataBound" OnPreRender="GridView1_PreRender" OnRowCreated="GridView1_RowCreated" OnDataBound="GridView1_DataBound"> <AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" ForeColor="#284775" /> <HeaderStyle Font-Bold = "true" ForeColor="Black"/> <Columns> </Columns> </asp:GridView>In the code-behind: protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { //Repeater1.DataBind(); GridView1.DataBind(); GridView1.HeaderRow.TableSection = TableRowSection.TableHeader; }