what would you do in this situation?

mammaH

my ex and I have been separated for 5 months now. he has the family vehicle. my problem is that it is in my name and he doesn't have good enough credit to ever have it switched into his name. I can't afford to take over the payments. month after month he repeatedly doesn't have the payment in on time which in turn is bad for my credit. i like knowing that the vehicle is there for me if I really need it, however, I think I should try to sell it to save myself even though it will put him out greatly and I know they'll be a fight on my hands... there's still 5 1/2 years of payments and I know I can't handle his irresponsibility for that long. any suggestions of what you would do and if you would sell... maybe the best way to go about this... talk to bank, run an ad in the paper. thanks<br />

AnswerMan

Well, you can ask this advice at Jamrie.com
People on the website, should be able to help you out.

I go on it all the time!

Quartermush

Sell that vehicle as soon as you can. If he ruins your credit you won't be able to get a loan for anything for at least the next 7 years. It's unfortunate that your ex can't take responsibility for his own car payments. Especially with your generous offer to let him even keep the car. But again, if he ruins your credit score (as it sounds like he ruined his own) then your going to have some very serious troubles for the next decade.