What should I do about this??

cookingal

My sister in law is hosting my bridal shower, which is next weekend. She said that she sent the invites our on Monday but no one has recieved, them yet! My mom keeps calling me, asking me if she sent them, when they were sent, who was invited, etc because none of my family members have recieved thier invites yet. She called yesterday to ask if one of her girlfriends was invited because she really wanted to come. Im the bride, so I shouldnt have any part of the planning of my own shower, so I tell her to give my sis in law a call, but she never answers her phone. I know that she;s busy and I want to do anything I can do to help her. What should I do? Should I bring it up and offer to help (like dropping them in the mail if she really hasnt sent them or bringing a few side dishes to help with the cost of food or something?) Should we wait a few more days and hope that the invites show up? I know that she is really excited and has put a lot into the shower and she would be really sad if she bought all of the food and decorations and no one showed up. Should I just avoid it like the plaque and let whatever happens just happen? Please help. Thank you so much!<br />
thanks, cutie! Good advice!<br />
she IS the maid of honor!!....<br />

sandy

Invitations for a wedding shower should have been sent out about 4 weeks prior to the event. That way people can make sure that they have that date free to attend. I guess I would have to trust at this point that the invitations really did get mailed out Monday. Everyone should have them by this weekend, and you should start getting the rsvp responses. Best of luck to you!

cutiewithabooty

I would ask if she needs any help. Try to ease into the question of if she sent out the invites like say "do you need me to buy any stamps?" or "I can drop the invites on my way home if you need me too" that way she won't be offended and will just think you are trying to help.

~MLF~

CaptainJ

Don't wait...someone has to speak with her ASAP...your maid of honor needs to know who's invited to the bridal shower before you start calling up people. But don't stress over it and start doing everything yourself. Once you have the invited lists...ask your mother and the maid of honor to make sure that guests are coming! Your maid of honor shld hv been the one throwing the party for you and shld be taking charge right now. Tell your mother to put the heat on her!

Megg

I would just casually bring it up to her. Tell her your mother called worried because no one had received their invites, and family/friends are calling her. She doesn't know what to tell them because she doesn't know when they were sent or who was invited. She'd hate to tell someone that they were invited and then have them never receive a invitation.

ArielM

You shouldn't be risky and not send the invites yourself because the possibilities are that your sister in law didn't even send the invites so you might as well send them yourself.

How about evite.com. Send everyone an email invite and let them know there was an issue with the invites and you want to make sure everyone can make it. Call the guests without email.

holly

Explain that people haven't received their invitations as yet and suggest that she start phoning around just to let people know the date of the shower.,in case they don't receive them in time.