What shooter vs. goalie matchup would you pay to see?

MichaelP

Last season, there was a game at the Prudential Center, New Jersey Devils hosting Washington Capitals. The game ended up lousy, the Devils playing like garbage, the Caps winning 4-0. But there was one moment that made sitting through it worth the $65 Alexander Ovechkin got the puck, and pretty much had a breakaway on Martin Brodeur. I knew this was a classic, a stood up, and yelled, "Watch this!" Ovechkin fired, and the puck took off like a rocket for the upper-right corner of the net, and Brodeur somehow wrapped his glove around it and brought it down. Total time from Ovechkin getting the puck to Brodeur bringing his glove down, four amazing seconds. Is there another shooter vs. goalie matchup you'd pay that much to see?<br />

I'd love to see Roberto Luongo take off the goalie equipment and take some shots on Brodeur. Then vice versa. Have Brodeur taking off the pads and firing some shots on Luongo.
Ever wonder how good of hockeyplayers goaltenders actually are?

JO-LetsgoDevils

I too was at that game even went out of my way to get the tix and sat in the ABSOLUTE last row against the back wall.....But man I was so glad to see it live. Besides that great match-up, I'm looking to see Ovie Vs. Ollie this year, alittle revenge for the keepers...

Smartguy

Personally, one match-up I would like to see, would have to be be Ilya Kovalchuk, on a breakaway, againist Henrik Lundqvist.

eagleonice33

You got lucky, what you saw was the greatest goalscorer vs. the greatest goaltender of all time. It's hard to top that. I would love to see a Brodeur/ Datsyuk match up.

Price vs. ovechkin would be a good one too. Price is on his way to greatness.