What is different between managed and unmanaged dedicated se

webmasterbeta

May I know what is the different 2 of them. It is I don't get alert when the unmanaged server down. etc?Sorry, it should be under dedicated server forum.Well here is my definition of managed. But I am sure as most folks would agree that is a broad term and most companies have their own idea of what managed is.

Managed: provider takes care of patches, software updates, environment changes, maintain hardware and they go above and beyond to make the customer happy.

Unmanaged: They setup the server, install OS and hand it over to you. Good luck type of scenario.Thread moved to Managed Hosting. Seemed the better place for this thread.Well here is my definition of managed. But I am sure as most folks would agree that is a broad term and most companies have their own idea of what managed is.

Managed: provider takes care of patches, software updates, environment changes, maintain hardware and they go above and beyond to make the customer happy.

Unmanaged: They setup the server, install OS and hand it over to you. Good luck type of scenario.

Couldn't have explained it better. Now becasue managed is pretty much noc hands-on, thus expensive for good quality.sometimes companies offer unmanaged servers, but they may answer a few questions and do a few basic installations if you beg them :D