What can I expect from Platinumservermanagement?

wxdqz

Finally after a big research of many days I have found a good server and I have signup for server management at Platinumservermanagement.com.I am a newbie, so I actually don't know what I can expect from the server management provider?I allready have placed a ticket for a Initial Server Setup. I actually don't know if it necessary lol I also placed a ticket for setting up and configure Cpanel. I think this must be done to make it all work, or not?Another import thing that I know is the system security etc.But now what? I want to start a file hosting site <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.misterupload.com">www.misterupload.com</a><!-- w --> who is setting up and configure the nameservers, do I have to do that or can I let the server management provider do that for me?I would appreciate if anybody could give me some advise and learn me some things about the services of a server management provider and things what need to be done by myself, because right now I even don't have my domainname on my server :)thanks in advance!So far, while i cant say i'm throughly impressed, i cant say i'm disappointed either.Their response times on tickets for myself has been around 2 minutes. I'm not all sure what they will do and wont do for their monthly fee, and i've only been a customer two days so i hope your experience and mine are good ones there.Ok now i'll say i'm throughly less then impressed.It started with a issue of the firewall they installed and then not being able to connect to my FTP in a timely manner. Now its a issue with the updated version of squirrelmail they've installed and every user who checks via the web interface must login through two screens, and are greeted with tons of errors and the such, and the end result is them not being able to login at all.:noway: Not exactly a way i'd like to start a relationship with a server management company and i think i might just be moving away from them all together if this continues. If i wanted stuff screwed up and broken, so it appeared to be a need for a management company, I'd break it all myself so atleast i could have some fun with it first. :mad:Ok now i'll say i'm throughly less then impressed.

It started with a issue of the firewall they installed and then not being able to connect to my FTP in a timely manner. Now its a issue with the updated version of squirrelmail they've installed and every user who checks via the web interface must login through two screens, and are greeted with tons of errors and the such, and the end result is them not being able to login at all.

You posted your complaint here at 1:08 AM (Eastern), THEN opened a ticket with us at 1:09 AM (Eastern). You ran to complain here BEFORE even telling us.

You have only been a customer for 14 hours so far, not even a full day and you're already bashing us!

Btw, your squirrelmail issue is simply a matter of upgrading cpanel, it's a common issue, read all over the cpanel forums, we didn't cause it.

Not exactly a way i'd like to start a relationship with a server management company
I agree, that's why you should discuss your problems with the provider first, then if you are still unhappy, do whatever you feel is the right thing to do. But first give your provider the same courtesy you expect from your customers.You posted your complaint here at 1:08 AM (Eastern), THEN opened a ticket with us at 1:09 AM (Eastern). You ran to complain here BEFORE even telling us.You have only been a customer for 14 hours so far, not even a full day and you're already bashing us!I agree, that's why you should discuss your problems with the provider first, then if you are still unhappy, do whatever you feel is the right thing to do. Give your provider the same courtesy you expect from your customers.You may wish to reread that sir. No where did i bash anything, i simply stated I was unimpressed so far with the service, i suppose some may constrew that as a "bashing" but it wasnt meant that way.And i would have had the ticket open, but i was in the process of posting that and checking my email, which i couldnt access to get my password thus the reason 1-2 minute delay when i had to find the paper with it printed first.Thank you, and i do look forward to continuing business with your firm.With Platinum Server Management you will find that you get quite a bit for the $29/month. Basically, they will manage your server. To be more exact, they will get your server set up and running, and take care of it to keep it running, but they don't take care of your customers. They will help with almost anything though if you ask. As for learning about some of the things you will need to do yourself, the best place to start is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cpanel.net/docs.htm">http://www.cpanel.net/docs.htm</a><!-- m --> and the cPanel forum (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.cpanel.net/">http://forums.cpanel.net/</a><!-- m -->).With Platinum Server Management you will find that you get quite a bit for the $29/month. Basically, they will manage your server. To be more exact, they will get your server set up and running, and take care of it to keep it running, but they don't take care of your customers. They will help with almost anything though if you ask.

As for learning about some of the things you will need to do yourself, the best place to start is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cpanel.net/docs.htm">http://www.cpanel.net/docs.htm</a><!-- m --> and the cPanel forum (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.cpanel.net/">http://forums.cpanel.net/</a><!-- m -->).

Correct, we provide the system administration to you, the server owner. We do not communicate directly with your end users. But if your end user has a problem, you are more then welcome to open a ticket with us about it and we'll resolve it.

Everything listed on our web site is included (support, security hardening, optimization, monitoring, etc).... if you ask us anything to do anything else not officially offered, we will still try our best to accommodate you.Thanks for the feedback all. Please stay ontopic all. So basically I have to see the server management as a kind of maintenance and security that will take care of my server? Like a server doctor that also fix problems when they appear?Thanks for the feedback all. Please stay ontopic all.

So basically I have to see the server management as a kind of maintenance and security that will take care of my server? Like a server doctor that also fix problems when they appear?

That's correct, that is what a server management provider does.Platinumservermanagement is basically your server admin for those who doesnt have a clue on how to tinker with their server. They secure your server, watch if it is down, call/alert your datacenter if there are problems, reboots your server for you and maintain your server in good working condition. While you are sleeping, they are there to watch your server. Been with them for quite sometime until a server admin friend came along (which is pretty dedicated to my server so I like that). But while I am with them, I would say they are great to deal with like John, Michelle and Ethan. Nice folks over there. Hope this helps. :lovewht:But while I am with them, I would say they are great to deal with like John, Michelle and Ethan. Nice folks over there. Hope this helps. :lovewht:Yes, I allready noticed that. The people are great, very friendly and always willing to help. I am a new customer of them, just a few days, but I allready have a good impression of them.please keep sharing your experience with them.thank you.Will PSM install certain utility type software like Swish-E, AWStats? Not on a reseller or hosting server, but on a dedicate server with a number of sites for 1 user.Nice, deal!Will PSM install certain utility type software like Swish-E, AWStats? Not on a reseller or hosting server, but on a dedicate server with a number of sites for 1 user.

I'm pretty sure they would, but you will have to ask them to be certain.
As long as software is cPanel compatible, it should be possible.I'm pretty sure they would, but you will have to ask them to be certain.As long as software is cPanel compatible, it should be possible.I think depend on they have time or not and familiar with that SW or not, sometime they will help with third parties sw, somtimes they said they don't:eek:I'm pretty sure they would, but you will have to ask them to be certain.
As long as software is cPanel compatible, it should be possible.

That's why I asked the question in a thread where PSM was participating .. hoping they would answer and saving an email .. I'm lazy!;)

I don't know if SWISH E is "CPanel Compatible" or not .. but I had to pay extra for my VPS provider to install it.What can I expect from Platinumservermanagement?

A good value for money service, fine management of your cpanel servers.

But I'm not overjoyed with their services which is why I cancelled this month. I'm willing to pay more for an even higher class management, I sometimes found PSM to be a little rushing with their jobs and a little disorganized sometimes in terms of accounts and billing. Their basic stuff is satisfying though.I have been with PSM for YEARS, They do a great job.

The are Great at providing the Services laid out on their webpage
The are really good at going above and beyond that serviceA good value for money service, fine management of your cpanel servers.But I'm not overjoyed with their services which is why I cancelled this month. I'm willing to pay more for an even higher class management, I sometimes found PSM to be a little rushing with their jobs and a little disorganized sometimes in terms of accounts and billing. Their basic stuff is satisfying though.i agree. I cancelled and chose to pay a little more for better service and communication.I have been with PSM for YEARS, They do a great job.

The are Great at providing the Services laid out on their webpage
The are really good at going above and beyond that service

yep, psm does an outstanding job, always going above and beyond what they have toold_expat, even non CPanel compatible software can be installed but that will be per account most probable. depending of what you need it can be done server-wide but that will mean a lot of work=money :)old_expat depending of what you need it can be done server-wide but that will mean a lot of work=money :)
Why will installing something like SWISH-E "server wide" be more expensive than installing it in a sub-directory?

Further, if I wanted to install SWISH-E, why would I want to make it "non server wide"?Signed up today, and no confirmation email ???? Doubt!Signed up today, and no confirmation email ????

Doubt!

After you signup, our confirmation page says in bold text that account activation takes up to 24 hours. In fact, it says it twice on the page, once in black text, and once in red text.

At the time you posted here, it had been less than 2 hours since you signed up.

Your post is very misleading to the readers here at wht.no confirmation email ????Read !!!! I just make sure everything goes fine, and i can't contacted all of your contact listed in your web Thanks!Finally, you cancelled my signup. Thanks!Don't stricture their work! or you account will be cancelled!Just observing my self!Thanks!Finally, you cancelled my signup. Thanks!

Don't stricture their work! or you account will be cancelled!

Just observing my self!

Thanks!

obviously you cant read or write english properly, im not insulting you, im just saying that its clear that this is "your" mistake. their web site very clearly says account setup takes up to 24 hours, and you post your "doubts" here in less than 2 hours after signing up! are you kidding me?

im glad they cancelled your request, itll save them time from dealing with people like youYeah! my english soooo pooooooor! And thanks!Why will installing something like SWISH-E "server wide" be more expensive than installing it in a sub-directory?Further, if I wanted to install SWISH-E, why would I want to make it "non server wide"?I said more work after is installed on the server, work which means usually money.And I was not talking about a specific software. For example, the non-free softwares needs a licence, licence which may be issued for a specific domain only so there is no point to make the application server-wide available.You can expect for them to live up to there word. That it takes 24 hours for your account to be setup.PSM is great! They did a good job for my server and I am sure I continue with themThey are only "Server" Management. I don't think they will be helpful. If you don't know how to, you should learn or hire someone can setup for script. ThanksWell right now i am not to happy. I dont like being lied to. Asked for mod_auth_passthrough and mod_bwlimited to be disabled, and got a reply back saying it has been done....Well it wasent.Well right now i am not to happy. I dont like being lied to. Asked for mod_auth_passthrough and mod_bwlimited to be disabled, and got a reply back saying it has been done....Well it wasent.

First off, what benefit to us would it be to tell you something was disabled when it wasn't? If we said it was, then I am confident that we did in fact disable it, and if it isn't, it obviously was a mistake and nothing more. We would have absolutely nothing to gain by saying something we did something when it wasn't.

Secondly, what use is it to come and complain here BEFORE and WITHOUT even telling us? What you do afterwards is one thing, but what is the purpose of not even bringing this to our attention?I really think its fair to give a service provider a chance for corrective measures. After all, people do make mistakes much like all of us. To post a negative feeling here for something that we dislike is quite natural but that doesn't mean its the best and right thing to do. The correct forum is where you and the other party have the chance to resolve matters first between yourselves. Now I see it again... Same old patterns of behaviour when people are not happy... We're just humans indeed... :blush:Well right now i am not to happy. I dont like being lied to. Asked for mod_auth_passthrough and mod_bwlimited to be disabled, and got a reply back saying it has been done....Well it wasent.

Well PSM Has turned a new leaf with me. :agree: Stuff is getting done.;)I am relly satisfied wih PSM, they response on my tickets approx 5 minutes.
Soon i will make review about PSM and posted here.

Thumbs up:agree:You posted your complaint here at 1:08 AM (Eastern), THEN opened a ticket with us at 1:09 AM (Eastern). You ran to complain here BEFORE even telling us.

I dont get it whats with that sort of attitude "RAN to Complain" WTH people are not allowed to post on wht or forums when they are concerned ? You call that RUNNING ???

Anyways time stamps on wht i doubt are sync. with users computer time and comparision of time like that i am not sure is reliable or not. ;)They are very good. Fast and value for money!They are slow setting accounts up. My initial account took more than the promised 24 hours and I still haven't got any reply for a 2nd server I added two days ago!I asked them to either get my 2nd server added immediately or close my account. They actually chose to close my account.

I think I would have acted differently if I had a customer waiting way longer than what was promised....

Oh well.....