WebTemplates 3.7.x: VB Integrated CMS (Content Management System)

mastram

WebTemplates 3.7.x: VB Integrated CMS (Content Management System) - vBulletin.org Forum

Version: 3.7.x

"WebTemplates" is a vBulletin integrated Content Management System which allows you to create vb integrated "HTML" pages in your vb admin cp very easily. The pages can inherit your vbulletin skin/style, can recognize logged-in user, can be applied permissions per user or usergroup basis, can keep visit logs, hit counts and do many more.

WEBTEMPLATES 3.5.x BASIC FEATURES:
  • Very Easy Installation : Webtemplates can be installed to your board without modifying even a single vbulletin file. It is coded as a vb product and can be imported very easily.
  • Apply VB Permissions: You can ban any webtemplate to any user or usergroups easily. So for instance you can design a webtemplate which only members can see while guests can not, or only user A can not see etc.
  • Page Counter : Each webtemplate has a built-in counter and you can display page count to your visitors and you can edit it or turn it OFF/ON per webtemplate basis.
  • Visitor Logging&Tracking : You can track certain users' (by usergroup or userid) webtemplate visits to see who visited a webtemplate and when. This is configurable per webtemplate basis.
  • Site Contributers (Editor) Support : You can grant editing permissions for certain users or usergroups for your webtemplates individually and they will be able to update these webtemplates using their own editor interface. vB's WYSIWYG editor is supported in Editor interface.
  • Page Browsers & Who is Online Display: Webtemplates can display who is browsing that webtemplate while visitor is reading them (like default forum browse display of vbulletin). Webtemplate visits can also be monitored in who is online page.
  • Header/Footer Inclusion : Webtemplates can automatically use headers/footers (your default vb header/footer or custom ones)
  • Help Documents : The script comes with an extensive help document.
  • Admin Panel in Webtemplates : Your webtemplates can include an "admin panel" displayed to only admins and by using them you can access many details and stats of your page while you are browsing them.
  • SEO friendly URLs: You can make webtemplate URLs seo friendly in vb settings (Requires apache server).
  • XML Import/Export : XML Import/Export feature allows you to backup your webtemplates and use other hack users webtemplates in your board.
ADVANCED FEATURES FOR ADVANCED USERS:
  • Webquery Feature : With advanced "webquery" feature you can create dynamic webtemplates which include database query results. For instance you can easily add "last 10 threads forum X", "most active users list" etc. to your webtemplates with default webqueries that comes with installation or you can create your custom webqueries with basic SQL knowledge.
  • Multi Parsing : Webtemplates can parse PHP or HTML or TEXT (=smilie/img tags/bbcode parsing like vb posts). This means you can design a page just like vb posts (TEXT parsing), standart HTML (HTML parsing) or even in PHP (PHP parsing).
  • PHPINCLUDE per webtemplate : Every webtemplate has its own "phpinclude" field which you can run PHP codes before loading the Webtemplate
  • Theme Support : Webtemplates support "themes" which are parent webtemplates which include child webtemplates in them. For instance if you have 20 similiar pages which uses the same visual look, you can make a single theme for all of them, then just insert their content into this theme. If you change theme later, all 20 pages' visual will change automatically.
  • Conditionals : Webtemplates supports VB3 template conditionals so you can design webtemplates which change their display under different conditions.
  • Default variables : You can use/display certain variables in your webtemplates like username of the visitor, visitor email address, last visit time, page creation time, page last edit time, Last visitor name, last visit time etc.
Sample WebTemplates from Sites using this hack:
(Some 3.5 and some are 3.0 versions but WebTemplate look and feel didn't change much so both will give you the idea.)

World Wide Knights Forums Who are World Wide Knights and What's our Mission?
http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/view.php?pg=aboutus
http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_guidelines.htm
World Wide Knights Forums WorldWideKnight.com Site Information and Help Pages
http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_books.htm
World Wide Knights Forums Would you help us grow? Tips to spread the world!
http://www3.fertilethoughts.com/forums/view.php?pg=acronyms
http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/view.php?pg=makeuptalk-newsletter
http://www.bklab.com (entire site is designed with Webtemplates only)
(Actually this hack is one of the most popular vb hacks so it is used by hundreds -if not thousands- of vbulletin sites and you can easily find them if you go to google and search "Logician's WebTemplates" WITH quotation marks)

About this 3.7.xx Version: This 3.7.xx version is same as previous 3.6.x version. 3.6.x version was already working in vbulletin 3.7.x except a few minor bugs and these bugs are fixed in this version to make it dedicated solely to vbulletin 3.7.x. Please see "what's new" in the next post for more details.

Version Updates:
29.July.2008 - > Version 3.7.00
* Hack 3.7.00 is released.

xCensored

I added this and I think I'm almost done.

Is it possible for my custom webtemplate to be my site? I read the FAQ and it says it can but I'm having some trouble. Here's what I'm trying to edit.

1. Can I have like 1 column but have like 2 boxes on the left, for like customed things I want to add in?
2. At the top of the site, it shows my domain name Unlimited Movies but when I have a webtemplate, it adds in the title, showing Unlimited Movies index. How do I change either of them to only say 1 thing.
3. On my navbar, I have Home and Forums setup. What are the steps for me taking in order for the Home to say ultdmovies.com/index.php and forums to say ultdmovies.com/forums/index.php BUT STILL REMAINING THE FACT THAT I'M USING A WEBTEMPLATE for the index.php.

Moegames

p.n.c said:
m not really getting it whats the use of this again?
m confused

bro lol.. its posted right there what it does.. see all those links in the topic of this thread? The example links at the bottom of the OP's initial post? Basically you can make customized web pages within your forums now with using your forums already installed themes/skins,etc...the possibilities are now endless imho

I havent even tinkered with this yet and i already have tons of great idea's what i can do now..wow, thx to the OP for sharing this. .its basically like vbadvanced (but the other way around) and much more integrated into your vbulletin forums and more flexibility as you can use any kind of html of your choosing for the added pages you create and add to your forums.

This is the kind of mod that will suck you away for many long nites of tinkering lol

p.n.c

Moegames said:
bro lol.. its posted right there what it does.. see all those links in the topic of this thread? The example links at the bottom of the OP's initial post? Basically you can make customized web pages within your forums now with using your forums already installed themes/skins,etc...the possibilities are now endless imho

I havent even tinkered with this yet and i already have tons of great idea's what i can do now..wow, thx to the OP for sharing this. .its basically like vbadvanced (but the other way around) and much more integrated into your vbulletin forums and more flexibility as you can use any kind of html of your choosing for the added pages you create and add to your forums.

This is the kind of mod that will suck you away for many long nites of tinkering lol

lol yeah its all listed but that needs a translator lol
m not the guy who likes to read long paragraphs
and i am still confused, web tempelates and stuff, i got a tool that i dont have an idea about how to use
thanks for clearifying it for me and i will research a lil bit more and find out what its all about