Video-Directory Remixed

MobileHacks

This modification is based on the Video-Directory modification by Survivor and vBPoint.org.
His mod is NOT dead, its still alive and kicking; but he has informed me that he just doesn't have the time to maintain it and give support. So until he is able to work on it agian; I've been doing a series of updates.

What is this mod?

This mod adds a fully featured and fully integrated video directory archive to your forums. Users can add their favorite videos from their favorite video service to the directory. I only support YouTube and YouTubeHD; but the hoster scripting is XML base, so any user can create their own scripts for any number of hosting services. The old MyVideo, Sevenload and Metacafe scripts from Survivor's version will still work, but they wont pull in Keyword/Tagging information, nor the video length time codes.

Basic Feature Listing:
  • Fully integrated into the vBulletin user database and product manager.
  • Fully phrased and built on templates for easy reskinning and styling.
  • Fully administratable and a myriad of settings for personalization.
  • Complete customization of permissions based on usergroups.
  • Landing page for broad information and fully featured tag cloud.
  • Category profiles for videos.
  • Contribution profiles for users.
  • Keyword profiles for tag cloud.
  • Built in comment system for videos.
  • Search function for titles and descriptions.
  • RSS feed of videos.
Product Demo:Installation Procedure:
  1. Upload all files in the "upload" directory to your forum root.
  2. CHMOD /videothumbnails and /includes/videoserviceapi to 777.
  3. Import the product "product-videodirectory.xml" in your Product Manager.
  4. Follow the on screen instructions to configure your video hoster settings.
  5. Refresh your administration control panel to see the new navigation links.
Upgrade Procedure:
  1. Upload all files in the "upload" directory to your forum root.
  2. Take note of the information stored in Limits of Videos > General Settings.
  3. Import the product "product-videodirectory.xml" in your Product Manager.
  4. Re-establish your previous Limits settings in Videos > General Settings.
  5. Re-import ALL of your hosters and settings in Videos > Manage hosters.
    • You MUST remember to re-import your hosters after upgrading.
NOTES:
You may lose your category dataman when you upgrade. If no categories are listed after an upgrade, you will be required to rebuild your category dataman. Its very easy to rebuild it if you need to. Simply go into Videos > Manage categories, select ANY category and hit [Edit], then click [Save]. Your category dataman will automatically be rebuilt.
Roadmap for the Future:
  • AJAX handling of video comments (to avoid refresh during playback)

testoo

i get an error message by adding any video

-> There are some problems while trying to connect to the video-servide. Please try again later!

Itsuki Minami

acutally he's just posting the prodcut if you want support well you got to ask the product creator, and yup yo can create more host but is really hard and you need that the host got an api i also noticed that only youtube works not metacafe neither the other one that i don't remember the name

testoo

how will this work for me too on youtube?? i always get this message
-> There are some problems while trying to connect to the video-servide. Please try again later!

waleedkhalid

maybe you got some file misiing or maybe u didnt Change the permissions to 777 for videoserviceapi but my is working fine now

testoo

still aint workin :(

->There are some problems while trying to connect to the video-servide. Please try again later!

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!

zx9

when i upload video to my 'default' category ->
Warning: require_once([path]/includes/videoserviceapi/class_a4id.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]\video.php on line 482

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\appservorg\AppServ\www\joom159\sociales/includes/videoserviceapi/class_a4id.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\appservorg\AppServ\www\joom159\sociales\video.php on line 482

WTF? , missing file in chapter 'videoserviceapi' ,'class_a4id.php'. ?

Itsuki Minami

zx9 said:
when i upload video to my 'default' category ->
WTF? , missing file in chapter 'videoserviceapi' ,'class_a4id.php'. ?
try reinstalling the product and cheking with hosters do you have then, tell me of wich hoster are you trying to upload videos for example: youtube, megavideo, etc xD so I can come up with something
darkmoon34 said:
useless just your lots of php sources and bandwiths

xD ok explain your point i'm using it to embend megavideo videos xD and it only embends it so why it would use a lot of bw? about the php sources do you mean sql querys? xD it's better to don't speak when you don't know what you're talking about :3 trust me xD

testoo said:
still dont work nobody can help????????????????????????????????

seems like you don't have fsock open, i got the same problem when i was testing it on my pc but when i uploaded it to my server it worked so it's a problem of your host, try asking them about it