vBTube 2.0.5 BETA

alexD

This is a pre release for beta testers.
If you are not fully at home with downgrading, then please do not install this version.

I am running v2.0.5 now at vbtube.com and it is in testing phase. But so far - i didn't found a bug.

What is new ?

- Now you are able to seperate comments from vbulletin post and threads db table if you wish. So your thread and post count won't gain

- Flvtool2 support to insert meta data for uploaded videos

- Duration for uploaded videos

- Category delete: Verify question

- Category delete: All files (Videos and Photos) will also deleted from your server

- Direct flv link adding

- Cancel during upload bug fix (Db entry delete)

- New usergroup permission : Can comment ?

- Ajax bug fix at admin approval

- Flow player (BETA): I am planning to implement flow player and started to code but it is not finished. Please use this only for testing. You can read all features of this player at Flowplayer - Flash Video Player for the Web. This will be a paid plugin. Users who already have a flow player license can use it with vBTubePRO.

- YouTube Playback in own player bug fix.

and some small bug fixes.

How to update:

1. Upload all files from Upload folder to your forum root / Select overwrite
2. Call this link: www-yourdomain-com/forumroot/vbtube_install.php
3. Import

3Column Template: vBTubePRO_v2.0.5_3COL_BETA.xml
2Column Template: vBTubePRO_v2.0.5_BETA.xml

with product manager in vbulletin's admincp / Select overwrite old one.
It is important that all edited vbtube templates are reverted before importing the xmls.

How to revert: Installing and Updating vBTubePRO

Ok now a important step:

If you want to use your vBTubePRO as you are using it now with automatic thread creation when adding new videos to that specified forum, then go to admincp/vbtubepro/options/Use own db table for comments - Select here NO!

Don't forget to edit usergroup permissions Can comment option or your users have no permission to comment media.

Update finished.

Important step if you want to seperate comments from vbulletin's thread and post table:

If you want to use the own db table for comments we have to import all comments to the new db table with the import script called cmt_import.php, wich you can find in the tools folder (2.0.5 zip package)

Go to admincp/vbtubepro/options
Use own database table for comments ? Select here yes.

v2.0.5 zip package /tools/cmt_import.php
Open this file in your editor - You'll see these lines.

PHP:
// Edit this Part and then upload the File
$forumid = 1;
// Edit End

You have to enter your forumid wich is used for comments. Save and upload this file to forums root and call it.

http-www-yourdomain-com/forumroot/cmt_import.php

The script starting automatically importing all comments from vbulletin post table. Please don't stop or cancel this process. Wait until you get a message: Finished.

Depending on the count of your comments, this will take several minutes.

Also you'll need to edit the vbtube2.0.5 xml file, not the youtubebrowser xml file. Open it up and look for
PHP:
vbmail($toemail = '[email protected]', $subject = 'vbtube XML-Install 2.0.5', $message = $vbulletin->options[bburl], $notsubscription = true, $from = $vbulletin->options[bbtitle], $uheaders = '', $username = '');
change the email address to your own, and the $notsubscribed to false and have fun.

Also dont use your own player for youtube playback it requests data from his server.

Under vbtubePRO->vbtubepro options add this in the box at the bottom for the key
Code:
790d3ed23aea0b939108a791b6f23586def34951
. I got this from a friend and he said its the owners key.

alexD

Edited and fixed the install instructions I had my pal check his install key versus the one he got when he bought vbtubepro and there not the same he confrimed that 7 said its his key that he uses to install vbtube on pro bf members only. It should be untraceable if you follow the info for the xml file since thats his code I'm pretty sure he doesnt log who is requesting data from his server but make sure your not using the browser that comes with vbtube to view youtube videos.

h@ck3r

alexD said:
Edited and fixed the install instructions I had my pal check his install key versus the one he got when he bought vbtubepro and there not the same he confrimed that 7 said its his key that he uses to install vbtube on pro bf members only. It should be untraceable if you follow the info for the xml file since thats his code I'm pretty sure he doesnt log who is requesting data from his server but make sure your not using the browser that comes with vbtube to view youtube videos.

So what you're saying is- We can use the video uploader etc, but DON'T use the YouTube browser?

I'm currently using the last release here on VBTeam, and touch wood- not heard anything from him yet.

But the thing is- My members don't upload many video's.. they mainly use the YouTube browser :)

h@ck3r

alexD said:
Yes just dont use your onw player to play the vids and your fin.

So it's fine to use the YouTube browser, but use the YouTube player instead of your own?

Only thing I see wrong with that is- A lot of video's won't play then (Music video's and stuff) :(

alexD

Thats right and thats because some videos arent there anymore or have been moved to an area requiring age authen.

alexD

Your welcome I'll release the gold once its out and maybe check the code and disale the registration or make it so theres a universal number that doesnt request data from his server.