vbseo & vbadvanced

Jan38

hi all,

on my forum i use vbseo 3.2.0 vb 374 and vbadvanced 301. i installed vbadvanced in the root of the vb forum so far so good.

i changed filenames according to get vbadvanced to work the right way (renaming to index.php and the original vb index.php to forum.php).
BUT when i activate vbseo the forum doesn't work right anymore; links are rewritten and so i cannot reach the forum anymore; when i turn vbseo off everything works right again.
is there something i can do in the optionsettings of vbseo so that it doesn't change the url's accoring to the forum and vbadvanced?

i'm losing hits now from google who indexed the forum before i used vbadvanced....

TIA

.v0id

you need to edit settings accordingly to the new filenames (vbulletin options -> forum homepage settings -> change index.php to forum.php) and then vbadvanced too.

Jan38

.v0id said:
you need to edit settings accordingly to the new filenames (vbulletin options -> forum homepage settings -> change index.php to forum.php) and then vbadvanced too.

yeah i did that, it works okay but when i activate vbseo it goes wrong.... the problem is vbseo here...

Jan38

hi all,

situation:
enlighten template
template has a navbar with buttons
vbcms in root
vb in root
vbcms changed to 'index.php'
vb changed to 'forum.php'
changed links in Forum Home (to index)
changed vbcms Main Options (to index.php)
added new page for forum
in site nav module made a hard link (to forum.php)

when i set the forumhome option to 'forum' every link points to the forum and none of them to index.php

the site works well but one thing not:
when people are in the forum reading a topic the link above the forum is
Forumname>forumsection>forumcategory>topic.
In the normal situation you can go back to the category or section by clicking the link as i described (click forumcat or forumsection).

but because the forumhome is index.php instead of the real forum (forum.php) the link points to the index file (vbcms) and not to the forum file (vb forum).

what can i do to change this so it will work properly?

it looks lik this:
http: //www. forumname .nl/#treatments
instead of:
http: //www. forumname .nl/forum.php#treatments

if i change it one way all the links point to the forum and no one to the index.php file

additional info:

i use also vbseo for url rewriting, when i shut off vbseo the link as described in the post above this one is solved.

vbseo gets the homepageinfo from the config of forumhome and that is index.php (before cmps_index.php) so when vbseo adds a rewritten link it points to index.php#forumcategory and that is not working
tongue.gif
it should be forum.php#forumcategory.

anyone who knows how to setup vbseo so that when it rewrites the forum URL's if points to root/forum.php (thats what i called the original vb file)?

people at vbadvanced say it's an vbseo problem....

Curtis129

install vbSEO after vbadvanced is installed. i had the 2 working swimingly toegther. i just changed in the general settings of vbulletin the index page is forum.php and then change the index.php to forum.php in the ftp, after that i change the vbadvanced index file to just simple index.php. that then became the homepage, install vbSEo reguarly after that, nothing extra special

chakru

ya I encountered similar problems with vBSEO and vbadvanced I simply removed vbadvanced to avoid these problems.