vbexperience 3.7.15_GOLD

MobileHacks

This mod will work with vBulletin 3.6.10 and vBulletin 3.7 or higher.

Comments, suggestions, translations, bugs, etc... are very welcome! Support is only given to people who have clicked Mark as Installed.

Description
vBExperience is an advanced Level and Activity System with Shop and Awards. It will calculate an activity and experience score for every user based on their activites on the forum. Now your users will see how their level is increasing by participating on your forum.

This mod was developed by me because I was never satisfied with the post count. Communities are not only defined by post count, they need much more parameters: Are the postings the user creates helpful? Are his threads frequently read? Does the user participate on the community by posting pictures, attachments, leaving visitor messages, tagging threads? All this can be answered with this mod.

For vBulletin 3.6.x there is only reduced functionality because some new features like social groups, thread tagging, visitor messages and albums have been introduced initially in vBulletin 3.7

Demo:
Inside Earth Universe - powered by vBulletin

Demo Profile:
Inside Earth Universe - View Profile: Phalynx

Demo Rankings:
Inside Earth Universe - Ranking

Demo Awards:
Inside Earth Universe

Demo Shop:
Inside Earth Universe

Demo Stats:
Inside Earth Universe

Demo Promotions:
http://www.insidesupcom.de/xperience...=shop&langid=1

There are mainly four things visible for the users: The users score, his level, his next level up in %/points and his activity in %.

Calculation of the score
Taken into calculation are these things:
Threads
- Created threads
- Thread views of own threads
- Thread replies of own threads
- Thread votes of own threads
- Thread tags (vBulletin 3.7)
- Replies to own threads
- Sticky threads

- Views on attachments

User
- Days since registration
- Referrals
- Received infractions
- Reputation / Use of reputation system
- Visitor messages on profiles (vBulletin 3.7)
- Members of own social groups (vBulletin 3.7)
- Albumpictures (vBulletin 3.7)
- Friends (vBulletin 3.7)

Misc
Additionally there is support for 3rd party addons:
- Post Thank You / Use of Post Thank You
- thanks via vS-Hide Hack Resurrection (Expanded Edition)
- LDM Links and Downloads Manager
- DownloadsII
- PhotoPost Gallery
- Cyb Paypal Donate
- vBulletin Blog
- Who Downloaded This Attachment?

Also, there are already addons that works as custom point provider (f.e. v3Arcade, ibProArcade). A CDP can extend vBExperience by collecting data and adding it in the vBExperience datastore. All point providers can be used for Awards and Shop.

You have to install these hacks for your own, vBExperience doesn't install nor touches these.
Also, you can add your own custom points and f.e. set an award to this points.

vBAdvanced
There are two vBAdvanced 3.0 XML modules: Most Active Users and Most Experienced Users. Import them via vBAdvanced AdminCP.

Awards
There are four default awards: Community, Posting, Activity and Helpful. The awards are shown in Rankings and Profile. You can set them also to display in postbit near the username. There is a scheduled job running once a day (02:30h) to calculate them.
Via AdminCP they are completely customizeable and can also be assigned manually.

Rankings
Showing User, Level, Awards, Activity Points (experience, thread, post, user, misc) - sortable.

Shop
With vBExerience 3.7.14 a virtual Shop has been introduced. You can define categories and put virtual items with pictures in it. A currency can be defined seperatly for every item, e.g. 20 points from threads or 100 points from gallery. Users can purchase the items, they appear in their profile. The costs of the item are substracted from their xperience points. Additionally you can set quantity of the items.
The Shop will motivate your users to collect specific points to buy an item. Optionally you can show the last purchased items on postbit.
You can put virtual items in it, like WoW addons: Sell WoW Items in exchange of f.e. thread points. Great for RPG forums.

Statistics
The new statistics shows a Top-X list of the leading users. Usefull for optimizing points of the point provider. Only enabled point providers with results will be displayed.

Promotion system
To motivate users to do more on your forum I created the promotion system. By reaching defined xperience points the user will be moved to another usergroup - where you can set graphics, shadows, highlighting, etc... What is interesting in combination with this: you can give the user more possibilities f.e. larger avatars or bigger PM box. A log of the promotions is available.

Calculation of the activity
The system calculates the activity by taking the average post count of the ten most active user and comparing it to own post count. This can be set to count only the last X days, f.e. 21 days (controlable via AdminCP) .

Settings
You can control how many points are given to every calculation. For example you can give many points for creating new threads but only a few for views of that thread. Setting a value to 0 will disable a setting.
Additionally, you can set ignore users (f.e. for bot users), forums (f.e. offtopic forums) and usergroup id's.

Performance, Big Boards
vBExperience has been tested on smaller and also on some bigger sites. I know from boards with around 120k users running this mod smoothly. More about this topic can be read in the file readme_optimization.txt

Frequently asked questions
Q: How do I change the name vBExperience to something new?
A: You can change the name via phrases. Just search and replace all phrases that contains vBExperience.

Q: When installing vBExperience, does everyone start from scratch, or will it automatically configure everyone's points based on actions before the install?
A: If you recount, vBExperience will calculate ALL existing data since the beginning of the board.

Known Issues:
- Awards: On "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" awards are only shown for the user who is viewing this.
- Awards: If activated in with rich username, they are attached to the username. If the username is linked, the awards are also linked. If a link is underlined, the awards are also underlined. This behaviour is hardcoded in vBulletin and cannot be fixed.

Screenshots
I've attached a few screenshots:
vBExperience_Awards.JPG - Hall of Fame
vBExperience_Awards_Username.JPG - Username with Awards
vBExperience_Rankings.JPG - Rankings with new Awards
vBExperience_Profile_vBulletin 36.JPG - It adds a reduced memberblock to the vBulletin 3.6.8 profile
vBExperience_Profile_vBulletin 37.JPG - It adds a detailed memberblock to the new vBulletin 3.7 profile
vBExperience_Postbit.JPG - An overview of users score is visible in the postbit, Level up (blue bar) can be hide
vBExperience_Postbit_FullPopup.JPG - Popup on Username
vBExperience_Postbit_WithText_LeftAwards.JPG - Username prefixed with Awards and Bardescriptions
vBExperience_AdminCP_Stats.jpg - vBExperience menu and level stats
vBExperience_Settings.JPG - Settings are done via AdminCP
vBExperience_Settings_Points.JPG - Every Experience can be configured individually

Credits for icons
- FAMFAMFAM, famfamfam.com: Silk Icons
- IconExperience

History
3.7.15, 03rd July 2008

- Awards, Statistics: Second sorting parameter are now the experience points
- Awards, Shop: You can now use the sum of all experience points as a point provider for awards and shop
- Awards: Removed space if Awards in Username is enabled and User has no Award assigned. Fixed also additional "</a>"
- CDP: Added multiplicator setting, dependency check and cache templates
- Experience: Now counting all albums
- Experience: Attachments are now obeying exclude forums setting
- Experience: Disabled users are removed from xperience database
- New feature: Statistics
- Shop: Additional icons
- Shop: You can now select the position in postbit (same as for bars)
- Shop: Fixed items in postbit if too many items defined
- Fixed: Level up bar showing wrong values (need to recount!)
- New feature: List of last 50 promotions. Only promotions since installation of 3.7.15 are logged
- Promotions: List of last promotions in profile
- Promotions: Admingroup (ID 6) is not beeing touched anymore. Such a user is beeing ignored on promotions
- Bars: New setting to disable bars in profile
- Some cosmetic changes
- Smaller fixes/changes

For more see history.txt

neha1981

something strange happening at the forum after installing this mod. My moderators and senior mods are getting demoted to registered members. I keep on changing them back to moderator from backend but it changes again.

please help

Blagger

neha1981 said:
something strange happening at the forum after installing this mod. My moderators and senior mods are getting demoted to registered members. I keep on changing them back to moderator from backend but it changes again.

please help

Thats because you have to make those members as a secondary group and not the primary.

[TgA] ATI

I think I have the same problem as well I get this:

Clicking on name:
vBExperience
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level up: 0%, 1 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Ranking Shop

Breakdown

Breakdown said:
How come it shows up as numbers alone, no images or anything:

Bump for help please, i still get: the same problem!

Code:
: 574, : 1 : 574, : 1 : 574, : 1
: 99% : 99% : 99%
: 100% : 100% : 100%

No images.