Using PHP and MySQL<

liunx

I have Apache server and PHP installed which I use to check PHP scripts before uploading them to my site.

I have now also installed MySQL and set my username and password. What other configuration should I make? Will database PHP applications run when I am merely running the Apache and MySQL servers?

Secondly, which is the fastes way to create a MySQL database? Using PHPMyAdmin?the faster way should be with the command line but i use phpmyadmin to create/modify my database!!

I am merely running the Apache and MySQL servers?

what do you mean? it run or not? maybe slow but should work!that is what I do. I have apache and mysql setup as services so they run all the time. pretty easy if you are on xp/2000. if you are on win98 then you have to make it so they start from the start menu or you do it manually each time.Apache can be run as a service on Windows98SE machines, and possibly others too.

It works for me. I also have the Apache Services Monitor installed, along with PHP, mySQL, PHPmyadmin, and loads of other stuff..yes but for win98 to auto run a program it has to be in the start menu or in the registry under run, which could be considered as a service to win98. cause win98 doesn't have services. so basically yeah, if you auto start it at startup by those 2 ways.I'm just going on the fact that after installing PHPdev that there was an InstallAsService file in the Apache directory.

Clicking that set it all up automatically.