usergroup permissions

trav

ok this might be a little confusing.

i have a usergroup i'm trying to set up so there new threads dont go to the mod cue, but it is not a mod smod or admin. i can do it if i set them up for the section as a mod with no privs, but i dont really want them to show as a mod. is there a way to set this up through usergroup or forum permissions or anywhere else?

any advise would be appreciated.

thanks everyone

dark_hunter

trav said:
ok this might be a little confusing.

i have a usergroup i'm trying to set up so there new threads dont go to the mod cue, but it is not a mod smod or admin. i can do it if i set them up for the section as a mod with no privs, but i dont really want them to show as a mod. is there a way to set this up through usergroup or forum permissions or anywhere else?

any advise would be appreciated.

thanks everyone
It would be much easier if you just add them as mod thought forum manager.

trav

ya i know it would be easier, but i dont want so many people showing in my mod list at the bottom of each section of the forum so i'm trying to do it without adding them as a mod

dark_hunter

trav said:
ya i know it would be easier, but i dont want so many people showing in my mod list at the bottom of each section of the forum so i'm trying to do it without adding them as a mod
You do know that can be turned off right?
AdminCP > vBulletin Options >> Forum Listings Display Options.

Find Show Moderator Column and set to no and save.

trav

ya. i want my mods to show up there. just not the rest of the people. it gets confusing when members have questions (especially new members) sometimes they cant figure out who to contact

dark_hunter

trav said:
ya. i want my mods to show up there. just not the rest of the people. it gets confusing when members have questions (especially new members) sometimes they cant figure out who to contact
Yes I understand, but they will be added to the View Forum Leaders.

trav

yep they are on forum leaders, the other reason i want to do it this way is so all i have to do to promote is change the usergroup instead of messing around with mod privs. then i know everyone is the usergroup has the same privs

dark_hunter

trav said:
yep they are on forum leaders, the other reason i want to do it this way is so all i have to do to promote is change the usergroup instead of messing around with mod privs. then i know everyone is the usergroup has the same privs
Then I don't understand what you want. :(

trav

i want to set up by usergroup that this groups new threads dont go to the mod cue instead of giving them mod privs.

dark_hunter

trav said:
i want to set up by usergroup that this groups new threads dont go to the mod cue instead of giving them mod privs.
Then just make a new user gruop called members it will then it will go into custom usergroups setion.

trav

it is a custom usergroup, but i dont see an option for there new threads to not go to the mod cue. i see an option for there posts to not be moderated, but not new threads.

"Follow Forum Moderation Rules" only changes if replies are moderated not new threads

dark_hunter

trav said:
it is a custom usergroup, but i dont see an option for there new threads to not go to the mod cue. i see an option for there posts to not be moderated, but not new threads.

"Follow Forum Moderation Rules" only changes if replies are moderated not new threads
Find "Follow Forum Moderation Rules" and set to yes.
If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue

trav

right. that is set to you, but that only applies to replies not new threads. i want new threads to not go to mod cue.

travtil

first off what the heck are you talking about, and second how about you start your own thread instead of jacking someone elses.

ChopSuey

Maybe Both Of You Are Having The Same Problem, So He Can Wait And

Watch For A Reply From Someone Who Will Help Solve The Given Problem.

If He Created A Thread Considering He Has The Same Problem, That Would

Be Like Spamming. It Would Be Best To Get Support In One Thread. ;)