Use Sitemaps

Grinderhand

Not necessary to change those lines - they're commented out anyway.

If it was working for you, just uninstall the sitemap and remove the x2yzseo_sitemap directory in your forum root and the one xml as noted above.

Error47

What will I accomplish after uninstalling the sitemap? Are you saying now that I don't have to uninstall x2yzseo vbseo?

Grinderhand

No, you don't have to install x2yzseo, just the sitemap. If you haven't already uninstalled it, before you do, check the write permissions on the /x2yxseo_sitemap/data directory. It should be 777 if you followed the install instructions.

Error47

I don't have a /x2yxseo_sitemap/ directory, I have a /vbseo_sitemap/ directory.
And I just changed it to 777 now.

Grinderhand

Well, shit, that explains why it's not working. Change the following line in your .htaccess file and you should be fine.

change

Code:
RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ x2yzseo_sitemap/x2yzseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]
to

Code:
RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

Then run your sitemap generator in admincp and see if you can view them in your browser as explained above.

Grinderhand

Ok, one hurdle done. Now, check the vbseo_sitemap/data directory and make sure that the sitemap files are indeed there. You might have to do this in cPanel due to the .htaccess in that directory that "denies all".