Use Sitemaps

Error47

I have Vbseo installed. It's actually the x2yzseo version. Now I am trying to get the sitemap plugin to work, but for some reason it's not generating the sitemap properly. The plugin says that the sitemap was generated, but it is not there. This is what my htaccess looks like.

Code:
# Comment the following line (add '#' at the beginning)
# to disable mod_rewrite functions.
# Please note: you still need to disable the hack in
# the x2YZSEO control panel to stop url rewrites.
RewriteEngine On

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums/)
#RewriteBase /

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.yourdomain\.com
#RewriteRule (.*) http://www.yourdomain.com/forums/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ x2yzseo_sitemap/x2yzseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?)?)$ x2yzseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ x2yzseo.php [L,QSA]

Is it possible that the sitemap isn't working because of the name of vbseo that is changed to x2yzseo.php ?

I tried removing the underscore after urllist|sitemap. Didn't work.

I also tried to change:

Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?)?)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

To this:

Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|chat|cron|vbseo_sitemap/)
RewriteRule ^(.*\.php(/.*)?)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

But that didn't work either. Please help, I would like to get google to start indexing my sitemaps.

Thanks.

Grinderhand

Are you looking for the sitemap files on your forum root? They're not actually there. The physical files should be under the vbseo_sitemap/data directory, but the rewrite rules make them accessible in the forum root.

Grinderhand

Sorry, my error. Try removing the underscore from this line:

Code:
RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitema[color=Red]p)[/color].*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ x2yzseo_sitemap/x2yzseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]
If that doesn't work, I would suggest installing the normal version of VBSEO sitemap. I have found an error or two in Mr. X's "custom" version of that and VBSEO.

Grinderhand

You're right. Sorry, brain fart. Then I would suggest uninstalling your current version and installing the non-custom version and making the appropriate changes in .htaccess, changing x2yzseo_sitemap to vbseo_sitemap and try it again. Don't forget to remove the old installation directories.

Grinderhand

AdminCP -> Products & Plugins -> Manage Products -> Find your product and use the pulldown to change from Edit to Uninstall. Then remove the x2yzseo_sitemap directory via ftp or cPanel.

Error47

So after I uninstall that custom vbseo from "manage products" it will be completely removed so that I can install the other version? Then don't I have to install the sitemap mod the same way?

Grinderhand

Yes, after you do the uninstall in AdminCP and remove the installed files (there's also a cpnav_x2yzseo_sitemap.xml under /includes/xml that needs to be removed) you can then install the normal version using the Products & Plugins and make the changes in the .htaccess file.

Grinderhand

Question: was the basic VBSEO working for you, doing all the rewrites correctly, no 404 errors (except for the sitemap)? If so, you don't have to remove VBSEO, just the sitemap part. They're independent of each other.