Strange error during XSL/XML load in Javascript

traiteabard

I understand that any resource under WEB-INF is not in public domain and this is by design.I can access a resource under WEB-INF, say an HTML, by configuring it in web.xml as\[code\] <servlet> <servlet-name>resourceId</servlet-name> <jsp-file>/WEB-INF/resource.xsl</jsp-file> </servlet> <servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>resourceId</servlet-name> <url-pattern>/resource.xsl</url-pattern> </servlet-mapping>\[/code\]But I face a strange situation where, using document creation api on client side i.e document.implementation.createDocument fails shooting a deprecation warning and suggesting XMLHttpRequest instead. I am trying to load and XSL/XML document using this api as follows\[code\]xmlFile = document.implementation.createDocument("", "", null);xmlFile.async = false;xmlFile.load("resource.xsl");\[/code\]And I getWarning: Use of Document.load() is deprecated. To upgrade your code, use the DOM XMLHttpRequest object. For more help https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XMLHttpRequestBut if I place the resource under WebContent or WebRoot folder directly and remove any web.xml configuration for that, it works smoothly. I do not understand this. I tested this on FF 3.6.5, 5.0.1, 9, 10. Please explain this to me.I also realize that during failure, i.e when warning shows up due to the resource placed in WEB-INF folder, the browser does succeed in loading despite warning. Firebug shows it. But the XSL or the XML is loaded as text/html and object xmlFile is rather empty and unpopulated. In case of success, I see application/xml in response headers and xmlFile object nicely populated. Please help