Someone "hijacking" domain name

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We have two domain names that we have purchased and own. Someone is using them to send spam. They are sending spam from an original address that is not ours and then using our domain names (like <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->) as the "from" address in the emails.

We have contacted our ISP, ICAAN and others. They have no idea what to do or how to stop it, even saying it is not theirs to help us.

Please don't tell me about all the nightmarish things about someone doing this to us. It is frightening enough seeing all the return emails coming back to us from people we didn't email to.

Please help us understand how we can find out who is doing this and/or get them to stop. I have received these spam emails as we must be on some spam list (like most people are). I went to properties and found the source numbers (i think they are IP address numbers) of where the emails might be coming from but don't know how to look it up.

It feels like someone has "hijacked" our domain names. Can you help us get them back and stop this from happening in the future? It started with one domain name. Now they are using another one of ours.

Thanks