Some sort of solution for Req section?

nudu

A lot of times, I notice, people request mods in the request section because they are not on the rest of the site somewhere. But, because the guys who get the wonderful hacks for us from vb.org decide not to repost them on the website in the appropriate sections as if they had released them on their own.

Now, once you're familiar with this forum, you can put 2 + 2 together and realize if you search for a mod you want, and its in the req forums as a request, and it has a paper clip on the title, there's a good chance your mod is in there.

But that may not be so good for the noobs. So, my suggestion is that in the req forum, have some sort of solution where the availability of those mods requested for is properly accounted for.

I can think of: Helpful Answers mod where the author updates the topic status (but people might not keep them updated, still the option is better than not), encourage posters to also post in the appropriate forum if its not there (might detour contributors from helping as it seems to be a lot of work just to help a person out).

Those are my suggestions.