Simple vBulletin Question

ACT_520

I purchased a legitimate version of vBulletin, all licensed and such. Will it be a problem if I used nulled modifications with it? Say vBSEO 3.2.0 Nulled?

Also will it be a problem if I use that nulled version of vBSEO and then a legitimate version of the vBSEO Google/Yahoo Sitemap Generator (because it's free)?

Thanks guys, this is a great forum you've got.

I'll be contributing something you guys have been looking for soon. :)

Grinderhand

While it's a known fact that they frown upon their own software being pirated OR their software being used to distributed pirated software (see the many posts re: sites being reported/closed/moved), I've never heard of them sending a C&D email when they find a licensed site with legal content that's using unlicensed/nulled enhancements. That's not to say that they would turn a blind eye if they did find such a site. VBSEO has it's own piracy reporting procedure, but it's doubtful that they could have your site closed for using a nulled copy. Most likely they would require you to remove the nulled copy or pay for it. If you refused/ignored them, they would likely then contact your host. The host's actions would depend on their policy.

ACT_520

Grinderhand said:
While it's a known fact that they frown upon their own software being pirated OR their software being used to distributed pirated software (see the many posts re: sites being reported/closed/moved), I've never heard of them sending a C&D email when they find a licensed site with legal content that's using unlicensed/nulled enhancements. That's not to say that they would turn a blind eye if they did find such a site. VBSEO has it's own piracy reporting procedure, but it's doubtful that they could have your site closed for using a nulled copy. Most likely they would require you to remove the nulled copy or pay for it. If you refused/ignored them, they would likely then contact your host. The host's actions would depend on their policy.

Well thank you, but I was more asking if there was any way that the legit software could detect the pirated software.