Sidebar

alexD

This product adds a side bar on your site. It includes some options like the latest poll and even the avatar as well. I`ll post pics in a bit.

alexD

You have to enable it in the vbulletin option menu of the forum. It more then likely modifies the navbar template and the the footer template. Not sure if the avatar is using a query or not I havent looked at the code to say for sure.

alexD

What skin are you using? When I tested it it was on the stadard skin let me tey on my site really fast and post a url for you one sec. Also juts looked into code uses query to fetch avatar which can be bothersome if your on hosted platform and its enabled on all pages.

alexD

Found problem you need to fix the style id for the one you wont it to be added on. On my board at first it didnt work until I swicthed the style id. You can find the style id by going to style/templates option and going to manage styles. next click the style and a pop up window of thats style will show with styleid= at the end of the url.

thasoldier

I am using Makemoney style, reverted...and one other style, edited by me...It's not working for both...There must be some template to edit..i think..

alexD

really not even adding the style id to the style id option for the sidebar didnt get it to work for you? You can always manuelly do the edits but you`d have to open the file, find the templates and add them to a new table in the navbar and then close it in the footer.

alexD

Your very welcome my friend I didnt make the mod but I`m happy to check the code for ya to make sure its working I always test before I post just in case theres errors and I found them I`ll fix what I can and post it here.

weebeast

It isnt working for me:S

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT threadid, title, dateline, lastpost, visible, open, postusername, postuserid
FROM thread AS thread
WHERE NOT ISNULL(threadid) AND forumid IN (1,2,3,) AND visible = '1' AND open!='10'
ORDER BY dateline DESC

LIMIT 0, 5;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND visible = '1' AND open!='10'
ORDER BY dateline DESC

I get this when i change the styleid in sidebar control panel too my forum skin lol

dr-coder

thanks its working good .. but how i can stop the view the Sidebar for the guest users .. make a problem for my style size

note : working good with my usergroup .. and the size is good but in guest users have problems

thanks

dr-coder

well ..

to hide the Sidebar for your guests open template sc_left_top
in the first add this code :

PHP:
<if condition="is_member_of($vbulletin->userinfo, 2,6)">

in the last of the template add this too :

PHP:
</if>

i use usergroup 2,6

you have to change the usergroup id like you want :)

it will be more nice