Should I continue paying for server management?

webmasterbeta

I have been paying nearly $50 per month for server management for years now, and I really do not have any complaints. They are more like insurance since when there is a problem someone can help you. However for the past year my server has been running flawlessly which is weird. There hasn't been a single problem and every month I get to watch my $50 dollars go out the window. I wonder if I should keep their service? Knowing my luck the minute I stop paying the server harddrive would crash. Even so I think the techs at servermatrix can take care of things like that for you such as a restore. I first purchased the service when my server would screw up on a weekly basis, but now everything is running 100% perfect. It may also be because of my knowledge of taking care of minor problems when I see them which may prevent the larger problems.Well, that's up to you.Is the 50 a month worth the peace of mind that it brings you?yeah, but it's good to have $50 per month insurance.. if whatever you run on the server is important...isn't it?Well I am not 100% confident in their ability to fix a problem while I am away or asleep. The couple of times the server did go down it was because I discovered the problem myself.If you don't want to pay for server management then it's better to go with the hosting company providing Server with free management.Are you hosting a very important site where downtime matters a great deal?If uptime and stability is important on your server, definitely keep paying. What's a little money for peace of mind?It would be peace of mind if I knew that they were on top of every problem. I am not sure I can totally rely on them since the last two problems I had they didn't respond until after I was on top of the problem.I personally would keep it and explain to the company your situation. If they wish not to lower their price then looking for someone else who fits your budget and you feel comfortable with.IF your server went down for say and hour or two and you didn't have the management how much money would you loose? If its close to $50 then its worth having. If you loose nothing then maybe move. However whats to say that your server is stable because your management company are regularly logging in and keeping things up to date and stable.I am not sure I can totally rely on them since the last two problems I had they didn't respond until after I was on top of the problem.

Well...that seems like a waste of $50 as you seem to be doing their job for them.

Maybe better to search wht for another company.

OWMI think i would go with them since their service was nice and more over you cannot predict what could happen next??If they aren't on top of things, then they aren't worth the $50 a month you're spending on them. Try checking out a different server management company.Is it proactive server management? If so, maybe it's the things they are doing that are keeping the server running without downtime. Security audits, updates, etc. are all things that can keep your server secure and running smoothly.lexington, I would cancel your $50/month management plan and pickup a $10-$20/month monitoring plan. If/when you do need help from a sys. admin, you can then contact a management company on a per-issue basis.lexington, I would cancel your $50/month management plan and pickup a $10-$20/month monitoring plan. If/when you do need help from a sys. admin, you can then contact a management company on a per-issue basis.

seems the best option...I would go for that too...

OWMWhat kind of control panel do you use?moved to managed hostingIt would be peace of mind if I knew that they were on top of every problem. I am not sure I can totally rely on them since the last two problems I had they didn't respond until after I was on top of the problem.

Would you mind to mention the company name?

I wonder if they offer proactive server management along with proactive monitoring. If the proactive monitoring is/was not included, then I see no reason to blame them.

However, if the proactive monitoring is/was included, and they didn't fix it by themselves proactively, then I'm afraid you are indeed wasting your money... not because of the service itself (you may still need it) but because the wrong choice you made. You could try a better server management services provider, and that's why I'm so interested in knowing the name of that company... to avoid them and let other people be aware of them. :)50 is pretty much i would say, as long you have nothing u need from them i would quit.