SeeksAdmin - Urgh..

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting a bit tired of there staff saying that they are working on an issue but aren't.. Maybe I'm missing something so I'll post my latest ticket results so far.

--
Received on Feb-01-07 4:46:29PM
I have signed up for security services to check my servers security on a daily
basis. I have attached the results of the scan made by ControlScan.com. Please
review them and fix all the issues/security threats that was found.

Thanks!!

Attachments: Analysis-Report.pdf (170.6k) [download file]
--

3 HOURS LATER

--
Sent to Christopher Phillips on Feb-01-07 7:15:20PM
HI Christopher,

Will work on this and update you soon..
--
Kind Regards
John Holdsworth
--

1 HOUR LATER

--
Received on Feb-01-07 8:37:53PM
When do you think you can get this done by? Or at least started.. as I see you
haven't done that.. I scan gets run again in less then 24 hours..
--

2 HOURS LATER

--
Sent to Christopher Phillips on Feb-01-07 10:35:38PM
Hi Christopher,

Will work on this now and update you soon..
--
Kind Regards
John Holdsworth
--

20 HOURS LATER

--
Received on Feb-02-07 7:02:20PM
Ok, so you told me 20 hours ago that you started working on this. Are you done
yet? I haven't seen anyone in the server for 20 hours..
--

12+ HOURS LATER

--
Sent to Christopher Phillips on Feb-03-07 12:12:52PM
Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will check with right now. Please standby.
--
Kind Regards
John Holdsworth
--

What do you guys think? They do this to me alot.. But sometimes they don't. Its not that how long it takes them to do something that drives me crazy, its that they say they are working on it, or will work on it soon, but never do. I hope Tris will see this. :(John Holdsworth is a good guy. He helped me much before. May be they have lots of emergency tickets on that time.John Holdsworth is a good guy. He helped me much before. May be they have lots of emergency tickets on that time.

Seems they now completed the task. They do some things fast, and other times they don't. But again its not the speed that bothers me, just that they keep saying there doing something or "about" to do something when they are not.That's BS. What are you paying? That is the big question. I have a few servers at a very stable datacenter and a management team that has never let me down in over 2 years. You get what you pay for.As always in these situations please email us some feedback which is easily created in the feedback department of the billing center. If you do that we will look into the ticket and see what the hold up was. We will also most likely give you some form of credit for the next month.Work with us and we will work with you. It is our aim to give the best possible solution and hence all feedback will be replied too and looked into to[EDIT] Chris I have looked over your account and you have complained and SHOUTED at our staff many times and simply been rude. You have recieved three warnings and now I am afraid we will have to discuss with you the extent of this. I believe we have given you enough warnings of abuse to our staff to revoke your services entirely. I will be discussing this with my partner.For anyone on WHT who wants proof off this abuse, please do ask, WHT mods I am happy to provide helpdesk access to allow you to see these logs to back my claims up.At the end of the day Chris, our staff did not like working with you because you abused them. End of. No one likes working with someone that shouts at them and with my experience with you, I cant say I enjoyed it too much either, you were abusive, expected the world for nothing, and also kept asking me for IM support even though I told you millions of times we dont offer it.At the end of the day, we have hundreds of very happy customers. I will discuss the issue with my partner tonight.As always in these situations please email us some feedback which is easily created in the feedback department of the billing center. If you do that we will look into the ticket and see what the hold up was. We will also most likely give you some form of credit for the next month.

Work with us and we will work with you. It is our aim to give the best possible solution and hence all feedback will be replied too and looked into to

Ok, I'll start doing that. But you should really be looking into tickets as much as you can.. alot of my tickets are like this and I'm not asking for you to be faster, I'm just asking for your staff to be more honest.

Thanks.Ok, I'll start doing that. But you should really be looking into tickets as much as you can.. alot of my tickets are like this and I'm not asking for you to be faster, I'm just asking for your staff to be more honest.

Thanks.The reason for the slow reply (if I am getting the ticket correct) is because we use our own security scanning methods and also our head of security needed to look into it first. I can get him to reply here when he starts his shift.The reason I was away and not online was because, if you read the forums you would have seen my dad had a heart attack last weekend and I was spending some time with him.The reason for the slow reply (if I am getting the ticket correct) is because we use our own security scanning methods and also our head of security needed to look into it first. I can get him to reply here when he starts his shift.

The reason I was away and not online was because, if you read the forums you would have seen my dad had a heart attack last weekend and I was spending some time with him.

Your own security scanning methods shouldn't matter. Its a PCI compliance scan.The reason for the slow reply (if I am getting the ticket correct) is because we use our own security scanning methods and also our head of security needed to look into it first. I can get him to reply here when he starts his shift.

The reason I was away and not online was because, if you read the forums you would have seen my dad had a heart attack last weekend and I was spending some time with him.

Alright, well see thats one thing you guys should do.. Let your clients know whats happening, instead of saying "We are working on it", "We'll update you soon", let us know what your doing, whats going on. People like me like to be informed of everything that your doing, and when you think you'll be done. (saying your working on the issue now, and not saying anything for 20 hrs is no help and is worrysome). Doing these things will cause people to not go so crazy and almost want to leave your service. I would have never posted here if I would have known whats going on. ;)

Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he is ok now. :)

By the way, what ever happened to your other plans, such as offering support for clients, and your new design for SeeksAdmin that was suppose to come out?new design: Had one done, but the designer scammed us and I am STILL waiting on a design

Support: Well we are opening our new office at the moment, and organising that. That will sort some of the stuff out, such as the communication issues. I will talk to John about the updating, as I can think of a few tickets he seems to update the ticket and not start work for a while.new design: Had one done, but the designer scammed us and I am STILL waiting on a design

Support: Well we are opening our new office at the moment, and organising that. That will sort some of the stuff out, such as the communication issues. I will talk to John about the updating, as I can think of a few tickets he seems to update the ticket and not start work for a while.

He scammed you?? What do you mean, did you not get the design or what?

Looking forward to your future plans anyhow.:)... What do you mean, ...

Do excuse me for not sharing those details with you, as that is between me and the designer. If and when the time comes to spread light on this, and we get fed up off waiting for a refund, we may decide to post the details.Do excuse me for not sharing those details with you, as that is between me and the designer. If and when the time comes to spread light on this, and we get fed up off waiting for a refund, we may decide to post the details.

No problem. :agree:Your own security scanning methods shouldn't matter. Its a PCI compliance scan.Totally missed your response Steve. We did do it in the end, I was just mentioning that we wanted our head of security to go over it, and unfortunatly he does not work 24 hours a day 7 days a week.Hi LuckyAnonymous (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=129054">http://webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=129054</a><!-- m -->),We are sorry for the inconvenience, it was my fault. John is supposed to ask me if he can proceed with security related tickets, but due to unexpected circumstances I had to leave for the weekend.Just started using SeeksAdmin and find them polite and helpful - for $25 a month service from someone who is polite and helpful suits me, I don't expect them to stand to attention and ignore all their other customers just to fix me.Just started using SeeksAdmin and find them polite and helpful - for $25 a month service from someone who is polite and helpful suits me, I don't expect them to stand to attention and ignore all their other customers just to fix me.

I have all there plans on the site, I happen to have gotten there special. :)Glad to see that the problem was solved.

And SeeksAdmin and John H, in particular has been a joy to work with. He always seems to be online and always manages to solve my problems very quick.

Please don't punish him too severely, Tris. Maybe just a quick whip of your belt on his behind should do it.:blush: :blush: :blush:

Cheers - DavGlad to see that the problem was solved.

And SeeksAdmin and John H, in particular has been a joy to work with. He always seems to be online and always manages to solve my problems very quick.

Please don't punish him too severely, Tris. Maybe just a quick whip of your belt on his behind should do it.:blush: :blush: :blush:

Cheers - DavI dont punsih them, just have a talk to see what the issue was. There is always an issue of some sort with something like this, whether it was the staff member being overloaded or whether it was miscommunication between staff members.At the moment we are setting up a new office and because of that some staff are busy in the new office setting up and others are still working, so we were a little overloaded. However now its all back to normal and everything should be sorted. Just looking forward to opening the new office:agree: Good stuff. Hope the new office is a success.

Cheers - Davfor the $25 , I am very surprised that they do go through the results of "third party scan". I don't thinkg other management company that charge $65-$100 will do that either. Good job, seeksadmin:agree:for the $25 , I am very surprised that they do go through the results of "third party scan". I don't thinkg other management company that charge $65-$100 will do that either. Good job, seeksadmin:agree:A pci compliance scan has to meet the requirements of a APPROVED third party scanner. IE: controlscanUse an Approved PCI Scanning Vendor — For network scans to be valid, they must be performed by an approved PCI scanning vendor.If the client wanted to be compliant they should go through it. I know most admin companies would do it.for the $25 , I am very surprised that they do go through the results of "third party scan". I don't thinkg other management company that charge $65-$100 will do that either. Good job, seeksadmin:agree:

They don't do that for $25, go to there site and you'll see they have different charges for different services.what more can you say about a company that only supports Cpanel / WHM and add-on support, Makes me wonder sometimes if they even know anything other then basic.what more can you say about a company that only supports Cpanel / WHM and add-on support, Makes me wonder sometimes if they even know anything other then basic.

I believe they support others as well, they mostly work in SSH.what more can you say about a company that only supports Cpanel / WHM and add-on support, Makes me wonder sometimes if they even know anything other then basic.

Have you even looked at their site/services? They are one of the few companies able to provide administration on non-cp based servers.what more can you say about a company that only supports Cpanel / WHM and add-on support, Makes me wonder sometimes if they even know anything other then basic.

Would be nice if you actually checked our offers before making such comments. We support most popular linux distributions with or without control panels. :)Based on my 2 month experience i would like to say that Seeksadmin is nothing but gr8. They are fast and have time to dedicate on ur server in case of any trouble unlike some companies i have been with.This one seems like an isolated problem coz most of the reviews u see here are good.Sam