Redirect Unregistered Users to Register page in X seconds more members proven!

Arkanoidblue

Well, if don't work. Try this.

PHP:
<if condition="$show['guest']">
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="xx; url=register.php$session[sessionurl_q]">
</if>

If you need that its guest sees the index partial. Set xx more or less the 60, second 90.

Or it modifies in accordance with you needs.

Regards

Leecher

I would love to install this but wont this redirect GoogleBot MSNBot etc to the register page also preventing them from spidering your website (hurting SEO) can anyone confirm or deny this as I'd like to use it.

muppet-modding

make sure that you change the registration url to the correct one people, i just realised mine has been going to .com/register.php instead of .com/forum/register

i been losing a lot of users for weeks lol

kekface

Pretty dumb idea since its going to redirect search engine spiders from pages right into the register page.

You need to wrap it with a different conditional so it won't effect the search engines and won't refresh the register page non-stop...

g-a-m-e-r-x

My code is better:
<body onLoad="startMsg()">

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 1">
<script>

function startMsg()
{
var t=setTimeout("doMsg()",5000);
}

function doMsg() {
alert("You must register to make any posts on this site! \n You will now be taken to the register page...");
window.location.href = "http://www.gamerx.info/forum/register.php";
}

</script>
</if>

Hope people can use it...
(iI use it on my site so it works 100%)

Fogles

Here you go guys, fixed version. my version will redirect the guest to register page, and once they are on the register page it no-longer redirects.

PHP:
<if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'register'">
  <if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 1">
    <meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="5; url=http://yourforum.com/forums/register.php">
  </if>
</if>