Read PMs

MobileHacks

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This hack can only be used by Super Administrators

Feature Requests

This hack is now feature complete and will NOT be adding further features.

vBulletin Version Compatibility
This hack can be used with v3.8.0, v3.7.5, v3.6.12 and later versions. This hack should also work fine with earlier versions of v3.7.x and v3.6.x.

What Does This Hack Do?
IMPORTANT: This hack is now feature complete and there will be NO further updates, apart from fixing proven bugs.

This is an update to Dream's Read PMs hack v0.7.
This hack will allow you as a Super Administrator to read your member's private messages.

Please, lets not get into a discussion in this support thread about the suitability of this hack and invading privacy etc, (I have seen this happen in other threads, so, I am pre-empting people before it starts). If you have a moral objection to this hack, please don't comment on it, just don't install it, it is as simple as that. This hack is here for people who want to use it, I have no opinion about it one way or the other.

Original Features by Dream:
  • List PMs separated by sent/received given a username or id
  • List all users with PMs
  • Search PMs by exact text, all words and at least one of the words
  • List the latest X PMs sent
Added in my version:
  • Now completely phrased (uses a language file that has 74 custom phrases that take the form $rpmphrase['phrase_name']), so can be translated into other languages very easily by creating a separate phrase file for each language
  • Read Single PM - read a single PM by typing in pmtextid
  • Minimum length for each search term, and the ability to disable it
  • userids now displayed next to user (From, To and BCC)
  • userids are now click-able and linked to their admincp user profile, so user can be edited (ie prune all PMs from a spammer)
  • A more complete message is displayed if admin user is not super administrator, it has a link to vBulletin manual
  • To column to Lastest X PMs
  • To column to the recieved section of Read A User's PMs
  • To and From columns to Search for PMs
  • A lot of the formatting has been changed to make it look better (that is just my opinion)
  • Extra links to various functions for each user
  • Other things I can not think of right now
Fixed in my version:
  • BBCode in PMs is now parsed correctly !!!!
  • To and BCC fields when reading a single PM now display correctly
  • If a PM is displayed in Latest X PMs that has been deleted by all parties (from, to, cc, bcc) and it has not yet been deleted permanently by the hourly cron job, it will display a proper error message when clicking on the link for it, instead of displaying a database error
  • Any PMs that a user sent to others that included the themselves in the To or BCC now show up in Received PMs (they did not before)
  • High server load when clicking List Users with PMs, especially if there are 1000s of users that have PMs (now split into categories acording to how many PMs a user has)

Install/Uninstall Instructions
IMPORTANT: THERE ARE NO FILES TO IMPORT INTO THE ADMINCP

The InstallInstructions.txt instructions file is included in attached .zip file.

Version History
The VersionHistory.txt file is included in the attached .zip file.

Translations
Official Language Files:
  • read_pms_eng.php - English by Mosh
v3.8.009 - Monday 6th July 2009
Fixed: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() error a very small percentage of people were experiencing
Added: 1 phrase

v3.8.008 - Saturday 4rd July 2009
Fixed: Several missing </div>s
Fixed: Uncached BBCode templates (save up-to 4 queries when viewing a PM)
Added: New English language phrase file - 74 new phrases
Added: 'To' column to 'Lastest X PMs'
Added: 'To' column to the recieved section of 'Read A User's PMs'
Added: 'To' and 'From' columns to 'Search for PMs'
Updated: A virtual re-write of the base code to remove all the hard-coded phrases

Major Update: v3.8.007 - Thursday 2nd July 2009
Fixed: Now correctly parses BBCode Tags !!!
Added: Correct header when viewing single PMs
Updated: Screenshots

v3.8.006 - Tuesday 31st March 2009
Fixed: High server load when finding PMs for single user id or username
Fixed: Problems with hacks that have custom BBCode being called by the "bbcode_fetch_tags" file hook

v3.8.005 - Saturday 28th March 2009
Added: Read Single PM - read a single PM by typing in pmtextid
Added: Ability to disable the limit minimum length a key search word can be

v3.8.004 - Friday 27th March 2009
Changed: Layout of PM lists, individual PMs, sent/received PMs, Search Results
-- Fixed: High server load when clicking List Users with PMs, especially if there are 1000s of users that have PMs (now split into categories acording to how many PMs a user has)
Removed: From info for individual users sent PMs
Added: Constant to limit minimum length a key search word can be, to limit higher server loads when trying to search for a keyword with a length of 1 (ie. "a"). This minimum is currently set at 4, but can be altered by editing read_pms.php)
Added: Various links (depending what function you are using) to view all a users PMs, go to the users pmstats page, edit the user and send the user a PM

v3.8.003 - Thursday 26th March 2009
Fixed: The Plain Text BBcode parser version of the PM message body was stretching the screen too wide, now word wraps

v3.8.002 - Thursday 26th March 2009
Fixed: The unparsed version of the PM message body was stretching the screen too wide, now instead of just leaving unparsed, I have used the Plain Text BBcode parser instead.

v3.8.001 - Tuesday 24th March 2009
Initial Release

ghfever

I don't mean to disrespect you in anyway Mobile, because you are an awesome dude, but I've had this mod installed on my forums for well over 4 months now, the same exact thing, so the initial release can't be March 24th, 2009. Absolutely impossible.

I thought this might be an updated version, but it's not. Finally, it also works on vBul 3.8.1 Patch Level 1.

:)

MobileHacks

that was diffrent version you were usin

ghfever said:
I don't mean to disrespect you in anyway Mobile, because you are an awesome dude, but I've had this mod installed on my forums for well over 4 months now, the same exact thing, so the initial release can't be March 24th, 2009. Absolutely impossible.

I thought this might be an updated version, but it's not. Finally, it also works on vBul 3.8.1 Patch Level 1.

:)

K-Pax

Hi my friends

@Mosh, @Vitaly
Hope you read this.

This is the newest version from Mosh (vbulletin.org) with my adaptions. Smilies and BB-Codes are now display correctly.

Enjoy

K-Pax (GYSN)

MobileHacks

Major Update: v3.8.007 - Thursday 2nd July 2009
Fixed: Now correctly parses BBCode Tags !!!
Added: Correct header when viewing single PMs
Updated: Screenshots

This update has now finally solved the biggest ongoing issue of BBCode not being shown in this hack (it has been the case since Dream first created this hack in June 2005 - over 4 years ago).

There should now be nothing more to fix

MobileHacks

Updated To Version: v3.8.008
Fixed: Several missing </div>s
Fixed: Uncached BBCode templates (save up-to 4 queries when viewing a PM)
Added: New English language phrase file - 74 new phrases
Added: 'To' column to 'Lastest X PMs'
Added: 'To' column to the recieved section of 'Read A User's PMs'
Added: 'To' and 'From' columns to 'Search for PMs'
Updated: A virtual re-write of the base code to remove all the hard-coded phrases

MobileHacks

Updated To Version: v3.8.009
Fixed: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() error a very small percentage of people were experiencing
Added: 1 phrase