Quiet day at Pride Park Quiet day at Pride Park

So the transfer window has been slammed shut and wasnt it a boring day of very little happening as much as Sky Sports News would have you believe otherwise!At Pride Park it was a very quiet day, and this year there was no deal at 2 minutes before the deadline! As much as Middlesborough mightve tried.The only transfer news was the departure ofJordan Tim Schaller Kids Jersey Stewart whohas joined Sheffield United, no real surprise there as it had been heavily rumoured over the last few days however no-one saw Lee Hendrie coming the other way. Good luck to Stewart, thats a good move for him, I always rated him but the arrival of Moxey pushed him down the pecking order and when you find yourself behind Jay McEveley then it really is time to find a new club! As for Hendrie, well its a strange one given weve just signed another midfielderJake Livermore until January. So where will Hendrie fit in? He used to be quite a creative midfielder at Villa but also a bit of an annoying pest to Nick Holden Men Jersey opposition midfielders (a bit of a young Robbie Savage), but Derby have got Savage who can play that role and is doing it well so far this season. Paul Green and Stephen Pearson have the potential to be box-to-box midfielders, and Jake Livermore looks more of an attacking midfielder. So what will Hendries role be? Only time will tell. One thing is for sure the removal of Stewart off the wage bill wouldve been welcome but with Hendrie coming in it probably wont make any difference. I hope Im wrong but something about this deal whiffs of both clubs dumping their unwanted players on each other.Other rumours that were circulating around Derby were Maxime Lagace Men Jersey mainly centred on Rob Hulse and an alleged bid from Middlesborough. Boro were looking at ditching Afonso Alves to some Qatari club and use the cash to buy Hulse but the Alves deal didnt go through sothe deal really didnt happen.There were rumours on Sky Sports News thatBoro still bid 4 million for Hulse but the striker turned down the move to stay at Derby and work with Nigel Clough to push this team on.That is fantastic news and Hulse will be a vital part of Derbys season.The only other rumour (and it really was awhisper) was about apparent interest from Roy Keanes Ipswich Town (to give them their full pre s title) in Derbys right back Paul Connolly. A very interesting Ryan Spooner Men Jersey rumour asfor a start hes never played for Sunderland so why is Keane interested?! After recent performances I dont think a lot of Derby fans wouldve lost much sleep if Connolly had gone but he was a solid full back for Derby last year and performed very consistently however this season he has struggled a Anton Khudobin Jersey bit.Nothing came of this rumour and that lucky for Derby as it wouldve left us very short at right back.And to leave this blog on a light hearted note, I read on the BBC website about a potential move for Tom Huddlestone from Spurs to Manchester United! He really must have a good agent!!!