Question isin't can it be done but How?

blackknights

Well as we all know each post editor has the ability to upload images via HTML link or via attachment. My question is this. Can it be possible to include upload via desktop in the same manner as Avatars so if an newbie member, new to a board can upload his/her images from there desktop into there posts.
Personally would like to see this in all editor such as Quick Reply and Advance Reply and would additionally be nice via the PM system.
I think this is possible considering there was a hack that allowed file attachment's in PM, I just like it to go one step further, nothing worse then having that little white box from what ever host company saying bandwidth has exceeded or photo has been removed. Never mind the new board users that have no idea on hosting photo's and linking them. I'd sooner have them in attachments this way I know posts are fully visible regardless of time frames that have gone by.

Now as said in several post I am no coder by any stretch the imagination although I believe in the K.I.S.S method easier for the users in general the better. So I ask the coders of the site if they would consider development of this idea for public release.

If you as a coder see any real issue's with my methodology on this please feel free to tell me that I am wrong in my thinking. I don't mind being wrong just like to know why, LOL.