Question about my site

zapman13

hi every1

i recently just got a .info site from a friend
i did all the name server things and its all working
i wanted to test cpanel so i did fantastico installer and installed smf
but now i want to uninstall it and put vb on site,

How would i uninstall smf, is there a way to refresh the acc so the smf files arent there.
plzz help me!

h@ck3r

If you installed SMF via Fantastico, then uninstall it via Fantastico in your Hosting CPanel/ Fantastico.

zapman13

i just got it yeaterday and im not tht great with cpanel, im trying to get the hang of it,

could u gimme a detailed guide

Hoxxy

cPanel >> MySQLdatabases

delete smf database

cPanel >> Files manager

Delete you smf folder (or what ever its named)

h@ck3r

zapman13 said:
i just got it yeaterday and im not tht great with cpanel, im trying to get the hang of it,

could u gimme a detailed guide

Sure no problem..........

Login to your CPanel:

capture3.jpg

Scroll down and click on 'Fantastico:

capture5.jpg

Now scroll down to, and click 'SMF':

capture7.jpg

Now you should be able to see your current installation(s):

capture8.jpg

(I don't have any SMF installs on my server, so I have none listed). However, I have some installs of Joomla, which was installed via Fantastico, so here's a taster of what you could be looking at:

capture9.jpg

So, you see- All you need to do to remove your SMF installation is click 'Remove' (If you have more than 1 installation- Please make sure you are removing the correct one).

Doing it this way will delete the directory, and all files related to that SMF install from your server, and it will also remove any MySQL databases relating to that install. So this is the best way to uninstall SMF.

Hope that helps. :)

zapman13

ty hoxxy and h@ck3r!

i wish i could do it right now but i cant stupid internet is getting f'd up

TY AGAIN!!!!

zapman13

kk so i uninstalled it and everything now im gunna install vbulletin but i have 1 question
its kinda hard to explain in a forum cause replys are never right after the post and im to lazzy to post pics so add my messenger its

[email protected]