PSM Great Service

webmasterbeta

My website <<Snipped>> is growing and I will need a dedicated server down the road so I have begun researching dedicated hosting solutions.

A fully managed dedicated server is a nice option for me as I can modify simple PHP code but not much more.

Another interesting option is an unmanaged server with a 3rd party management service helping me.

After calling quite a few hosts I came across Platinum Server Management. I was amazed with the thoughtful answers that Ethan gave me. He was far and away the politest and friendliest person that I have encountered so far in my quest for a dedicated server solution. Rackspace came in second.

No one really came in third. The rest simply wanted to get rid of me when they knew that I would not sign up that same day.

While many on this board do not like reactive server management I think that it is perfect and I agree with Ethan 100%.

Here is why: A while back web hosts upgraded the PHP version being used. My webhost did not tell me before upgrading. As a result my PHP Mysql shopping cart went down for the count. I found out by accident. I found the ioncube update that I needed and uploaded it which fixed my shopping cart.

Other than very urgent security fixes I never want anything upgraded on my server again.

Ethan also convinced me to get a remote backup before I got a RAID setup.

We then talked about several subjects. Fantastic support and I have not yet signed up.Last time I checked. They don't offer Dedicated Servers. So you should have posted this in the MANAGED forum.Great Job Platinum Server Management!

I actually had someone I speak to tell me the same thing about how well they handled a few issues.I signed up for them today.. and their wonderful so far. (Not much to judge by though).

They have a wonderful reputation, and I'll post a review in a month or so when I have a better time period to judge on.Last time I checked. They don't offer Dedicated Servers. So you should have posted this in the MANAGED forum. Actually, you are correct, they don't offer dedicated servers. I have a newborn baby (Samantha) and am not getting much sleep so small details slip by at times, as I was working on finding a dedicated server when I came across PSM. Thanks for letting me know.We then talked about several subjects. Fantastic support and I have not yet signed up.

Hope it continues after you signup.ive been with platinumservermanagement for a while and theyre great, i just wish there url was shorter to type :)Hope it continues after you signup. So do I, however, there is no contract and for $29 per month, I don't see much downside. I look foward to being actively involved in my server management. I am just not ready to do it all myself.I thought they offered dedicated under the serverbasement brandI thought they offered dedicated under the serverbasement brand
Regardless, it's not under the PSM brand, so everyone here is pretty right.I couldn't agree more! PSM is the best choice, hands down! No one even comes close to these guys (and girls). Since I moved over to them a long while ago they are in a class of their own!