Problem when editing posts- anyone willing to help?

h@ck3r

I have a problem- Whenever I edit a post, I click 'Save', but it remains with the editor box open.

If I click the thread link at the top, it goes back into the thread and the post has been edited.

Ho can I fix my error?

Hoxxy

I currently have the same problem so any help would be appreciated

Quick edit:
Ok so done some searching and have come to the conclusion that this only happens with larger posts

Quick fix:
Admincp >> vbulletin options >> Message Posting and Editing Options

2nd option "Quick Edit" set to no, now when edit button is hit it will take member to full advanced editor instead of from within the thread page.

Hoxxy

Only editor related mods I have are:
HBD Ultimate Posting Tools (obviously...lol)
Image Resizer
but checked theses and still error accurs

I'm fine with the above quick fix myself but h@ck3r might not be...

Quick edit:
Found the culprit for my situation its "Sids hide hack" when disabled everything works ok.

Talks to self: B*ll*cks that means I got to install the resurrection hide rubbish :(

Quick edit 2:
Nope not actually "Sids hide hack" as I first thought

Talks to self: thank F*** 4 that, that means I don't have to install the resurrection hide rubbish :)

Back to quick fix I think...lol

mmmxiv

mmm, have you tried re uploading a clean version of the file it asks you to download? Might've gotten corrupt somewhere down the line :/

bluescorpion

h@ck3r said:
I have a problem- Whenever I edit a post, I click 'Save', but it remains with the editor box open.

If I click the thread link at the top, it goes back into the thread and the post has been edited.

Ho can I fix my error?

Did this ever get solved?

h@ck3r

bluescorpion said:
Did this ever get solved?

Not as yet but I'm about to use the 'quick fix' Hoxxy has mentioned.

Thanks Hoxxy.

And to be clear- I doubt it could ever have been to do with "Sids hide hack" as I don't, and never have had that mod installed.

I'm going to do your quick fix now. Should be fine for me and my members. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

h@ck3r

Hmm.. before I do this fix, I'd just like to say that I've just tried editing about 15 different sized posts (Small - large), and each time I've clicked 'edit', it's taken me straight to the advanced editor.

I'm confused now.

Quick fix:
Admincp >> vbulletin options >> Message Posting and Editing Options

2nd option "Quick Edit" set to no, now when edit button is hit it will take member to full advanced editor instead of from within the thread page.

Mine was set to 'Yes', but I've just changed it to no.