platinumservermanagement

wxdqz

does anybody have experience with these guys?

I have been trying to contact them for 2 days by chat (which always says they are busy), and I have emailed them twice about a pre sales question and never got a reply.
what they say in their site sounds great, but if they havent answered a simple sales email (twice), I get worried.
would appreciate if anyone that has experience with them can share it.
thanks.I to have seen them and want to know if someone have anny experience with them, annyone?

EDIT:
Ok, i got in contact with them, I pressed the live button, It said there was one chat before men in the queue, I waited like 20sec and i got answer, nice ppl to talk with at least, but I still want to know if annyone have anny experience.I've used them in the past and I was satisfied with the experience, and would use them in the future. When I sent a message to their sales department it was answered very quickly.does anybody have experience with these guys?

I have been trying to contact them for 2 days by chat (which always says they are busy), and I have emailed them twice about a pre sales question and never got a reply.
what they say in their site sounds great, but if they havent answered a simple sales email (twice), I get worried.
would appreciate if anyone that has experience with them can share it.
thanks.

We get 100's of emails/tickets per day (not including spam lol), it's quite possible that we missed your email or didn't receive it, give us a call <<<>>> or try emailing us again, and put ATTN John in the subject line and I'll look out for it :)Yes. These guys pretty much are rocking! I use them currently, and they do fine!With a name like platinum it has to be good?

Thanks for reminding me I need to cancel them. They suck.Why cancel? I have never encountered any problems on their side, just mine!I have done business with them in the past and they were great! They were always on time with emails/request. They even called me to explain issues that I did not understand. You could trust them with your server(s)/business. Great service.We get 100's of emails/tickets per day (not including spam lol), it's quite possible that we missed your email or didn't receive it, give us a call <<<>>> or try emailing us again, and put ATTN John in the subject line and I'll look out for it :)

ok, thanks, I tired sending a thrid email with the subject line you suggested.
the other 2 were sent over the last 5 days with no repsonse.Thanks for resending it, I just got in and replied now to your email, as I mentioned, I looked again and did not see your previous 2 emails.I've used them, and i would use them every time i get a cPanel server. They are cheap, and reliable.I have used them way back in the days and were root compromised allot. Check out totalserversolutions.com I have used them and would have to say they are truly the best.It is very evident that you get what you pay for!i use them since 1 week and wow!!!
It's more cheap that hire a sysadmin...ive been with them a loooong time and they are excellent, never had a single problem with themI have used them in the past and was very impressed with their service. They do great work at fantastic prices. I just recently dropped them - not because of any problems, but because I took on a server admin. I still considered keeping them as a backup, but decided to wait and see how this guy works out.i signed up with them a couple days ago. they seem very professional and made setup of my new dedicated server very easy. I'm very skilled with computers but I am a server management / linux noob, so it was very helpful to have someone set things up for me.I wan to have a try.:lovewht:I get 75-100 spam emails per day from my main businesses. That doesn't include personal emails.

The worst thing is that I get emails that emulate what a potential customer might write. About 60% or more of the spam I receive is from a sender indistinguishable from a real person's name, and emulates what a person might send an email about. I just received a legitimate email with the subject "Inquiries" with a person's name. This was right with the other spam emails "About your site" with another personal name, and so on. I almost mised the legitimate email, and I know that I've thrown out emails by such people as existing customers, my business partners, prospective customers, replies to emails I've sent - you name it.

I have a "Contacting (place hosting company here)" on my customer control panels, and it includes directions to put their domain name in the subject line of any correspondence they send me. It is just becoming too difficult to sort out legitimate email from spam. In one year, my main account on my Corptex cPanel (the one with your username) has collected over 3,000 spam emails. They're sitting on my server right now - all spam to departments and emails that don't exist. I have to get them cleaned out.

Spammers pull every trick in the book. I've received probably 30,000 spam emails this past year; it get's tiring.

I consider myself a good, decent guy, and a caring businessman. I don't like the idea of missing a legitimate email at all. But, in all honesty, I'll say something I should probably never publically say; I've gotten to the point that if someone can't send me an email that's indistinguishable from the 100 spam emails along with it, I'm not so sure I care if I throw that email out anymore.

So, I think that this is as good a place as any to keep people informed. When somebody says I didn't reply to their email, there's probably only one reason. If I hear somebody say their email wan't replied to, I make that assumption. I know it's not always true, because I sent an email to Mark at tqhosting.com/server to do some server work for me. The email had the subject:

"Apache module installation."

I haven't gotten a reply. I don't think that's hard to miss. I'm careful to put a god subject in my emails so they CAN'T be mistaken for spam. If the future when someone complains about not receiving a reply ... well ... what was the emails subject line?

I think I'll post a new topic about this.I've been using them for about a month now.. They've been great! For that price, you can go wrong! $50 to manage 2 servers, how can you go wrong?We used them often in the past before upgrading to dedicated techs. Ethan is awesome. Best lesson learned from them -> If your DC is telling you "you're going to need an OS reload" that is not generally the case, and these guys were the first ones who demonstrated this to us. Thanks for helping us get back on the right track PSM. DanIn my book, they are the best budget dedicated server management company hands down. We used them when we first started out, and was unable to keep our own staff on site 24/7. We have advanced since them, but I'd still recommend them to anyone and everyone, best 29.95/per server we ever spent.Layeredtech & PSM = Service at its best for the cheapest price possible.We used them when we first started out, and was unable to keep our own staff on site 24/7. We have advanced since them

None of the links even work on your site. How do you get enough customers to hire your own staff?How good are they? I seen this message and it kind of threw me off a little bit

1 - 6 Hour Response Time for Support Tickets
6 - 24 Hour Resolution Time for Support Tickets

So If I wantred something done really quick and small example (update php)
It may take up to 6 hours for the job to be done - owie.

For thoese of you who have experience with this company, how long does it normally take for your issues to be resolved - if you can explain your issue so I know how big it is ect and how long it took for them to resolve it that would be great.Corptex,Why not change your email or at least the ones customers use and have a contact form, once you then reply to the customers they will have your email.You put an email address on any part of your site and gaurunteed the spam crawlers will get it and you will start recieving email. A solution is also putting your email address as an image.We put up that new design a few hours before we posted, and as of now, we have decided against using it. Our new one will be up in a few days. There were numerous reasons why we decided against using the template, one being not many people liked the “layout” we had used and said it was unfriendly. Before this we had a well established website up.None of the links even work on your site. How do you get enough customers to hire your own staff?We get 100's of emails/tickets per day (not including spam lol), it's quite possible that we missed your email or didn't receive it, give us a call <<<>>> or try emailing us again, and put ATTN John in the subject line and I'll look out for it :) Hi, John. My partner (the boss ;) ) sent you an email earlier, should we re-send with ATTN John, too?Don't worry LCG, aparently all of their employee's seem to have "mail troubles".I've moved on to JonesSolutions, and have absolutely no problem. Not to mention responses are within 10 minutes most times, even for general inquiries.arkin,

Corptex,

Why not change your email or at least the ones customers use and have a contact form, once you then reply to the customers they will have your email.

You put an email address on any part of your site and gaurunteed the spam crawlers will get it and you will start recieving email. A solution is also putting your email address as an image.

Thanks, arkin.

Unfortunately, there's some websites that really have to have an email address on them. One thing you don't ever want to do is put obstacles in front of potential customers. For some websites, a form would do the trick. I don't think a form would do well for me on my main webhosting site since I have a more personal approach, and especially because I'm really only doing custom plans at this time
(but I have to renovate the entire site very soon to reflect a lot of significant changes - but, I'll still have email contacts on the site. I have a number of hosting divisions, one of which I do have a form on because I feel it's appropriate there, while there's some sites I have that I dont even have a mail contact (any mail is sent to another catch-all address).

Thanks for your concern, and I wish I could eliminate the spam, but I stick to my decision to place my email link on my site. It's like a business having a published or unpublished number. You can avoid a lot of telemarketers by not publishing your phone number, but that's not advisable for most businesses (though some could do that).Frimon86

How good are they? I seen this message and it kind of threw me off a little bit

So If I wantred something done really quick and small example (update php)
It may take up to 6 hours for the job to be done - owie.

No 6 hours response is guaranteed ... 24 hours to resolution is guaranteed. So it could take up to 24 hours. If you want to see an actual situation, my partner just recently asked in a different ticket to "btw" upgrade MySQL to version 4. Here's cut and pastes from the ticket:

"Client Added Response on Thu Jan 26 19:34:21 EST 2006
Problem: BTW
our mysql version is 3.23.49, would u like to upgrade to 4 , the newest version?"

This is a "by-the-way" addition to the original ticket he put in. That indicates it's not a very high-prioity matter.
PSM replies:

"Technical Support Responded on Fri Jan 27 03:21:47 EST 2006
Response: Mysql has now been upgraded."

If I'm calculating correctly, that's eight hours for a "btw" install. That works for me, a resolution of 8 hours.

Honestly, NEEDING a MySQL update within the hour or six is - I think - you needing your own staff. What conditions exist that you would need an MySQL update in less than eight hours? Or six? "Owie"? I must be missing something. I may end up being very embarassed here, but why would you need a MySQL update ASAP? I'm having a bit of fun, excuse me; but really - what conditions would necessitate an ASAP MySQL update where 6 hours is going to hurt you?

Thanks,Don't worry LCG, aparently all of their employee's seem to have "mail troubles".

I'm not sure why anyone would think it's perposterous to miss emails. If you email us and you don't get a response, simply re-send it, or give us a call.
We have 2 spam filters, and it is very possible that legit mail gets lost. Personally I don't like that it happens, but it's better than manually going through a thousand spam emails per day, and even then it's still possible to accidentally delete a legit email. It's even possible that we responded but was never received at the other end. So whatever the reason is, if you don't get a response an email within 24 hours, please assume we did not receive it, and re-send it and/or call us.

Corptex: you're right, regular day to day tasks (ie, upgrading php, mysql, installing firewall, etc) should not be considered something that has to be done within 10 minutes. Although there are times when we do it that fast if we aren't busy. But anyway, the average response&resolution time on a ticket is 3 hours. The 6 hour response and 24 hour resolution is a maximum it can take. Obviously if we guarantee 3 hours, and it takes 3 hours 1 minute, you can say we didn't do what we said. So we state the maximum to be high for that reason. But like I said, and our web page says too, response&resolution time total takes about 3 hours per ticket on average.
If you are thinking that you may need something such as mysql upgraded in an emergency because a site is not working, then flag the ticket as an emergency and it will usually be started within minutes and worked on until it is completed, this is usually within minutes.I'm not sure why anyone would think it's perposterous to miss emails...Thank you. You did respond to us. Looking for someone who will work with Webmin... the search continues!Thank you. You did respond to us.

Looking for someone who will work with Webmin... the search continues!Go with <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://serverwizards.com">http://serverwizards.com</a><!-- m --> I'm currently with them and I love it. Much faster response times then PSM but also a bit more money. Can't go wrong with SWOld Saying "You get what you pay for" If you want 5 minute replies your going to pay for it.

PSM has a great reputation.I've used PSM and SW. I have rave reviews for both companies, but if it's Webmin you work with, SW is the way to go. Even if you don't go with the 24 hour monitoring plan they have, and just get in contact with them when you do have a problem (and possibly an hour or two) the problem get's fixed, and usually it's done on the cheap with that, Don't think i've ever spent more than $20.00 on a per issue incedent.ServerWizards also supports H-Sphere. I've seen some peoples' posts, looking management companies that support H-Sphere control Panel, so this is good to know.

I haven't used ServerWizards, but they support every major CP and OS out there, which makes me a bit skeptical that they can fulfill the management level that would be expected given all those platform combinations.

PSM specializes in cPanel, and I can imagine what it would take to support both cPanel AND H-Sphere (having used both CP's). That's a lot of specialized knowledge, and a lot to keep up with. H-Sphere is far more complex a hosting platform than cPanel is, and there's simply a LOT to know about H-Sphere to be able to support it authoritatively. But, they may have enough staff to do it all.

DPI;

Do you know where ServerWizards operate from? An hour or two at $20 max is a price that doesn't seem like it's USA. I've heard that there's a lot of Indian companies forming in the IT and programming field; I know that BobCares seems to operate from India, or at least the staff's names' seem to be Indian. I had some pretty bad communications problems with BobCares; not everyone there possessed complete fluency in English, and although they did the work well, and I paid them immediately before-hand via PayPal, they were still coming around six months later (always someone different) asking for payment. They were polite about it, though; I'll give them that. :)

Do you find any communications difficulties with ServerWizards? I stopped using BobCares for odd jobs because of that reason

Also, is anyone using them for H-Sphere support?

Thanks,