Platinum Server Management

wxdqz

I signed up 14-15 hours ago and haven't even received one welcome email or anything. I added them to msn an hour ago and nobody logged on. I don't want to call because it's not that serious, but is the initial activation, this long? I mean ... the dedi that they are about to manage was setup faster than this. If this is standard procedure, to wait like this, after signing up, then .... cool, but I didn't see it on their site anywhere. By the way, this is not a "review" and it is not intended to bash or credit them for something. I just need to know is this standard procedure, from you guys, since the a ton of you are using them and gave them nothing but thumbs up. Chime in ...I haven't posted in three years and I don't have access to the email attached to the old account so I had to create a new id.but is the initial activation, this long?

I really have no idea why you are asking WHT how long we take to setup rather than contacting us directly. Yes there's plenty of our customers here on WHT but account activation varies depending on how busy our Sales department is. Contacting us directly to find out the status would be much more efficient and accurate than asking WHT how long it will take us to activate your account. Our instant messenger has been on all day and I see no unanswered chats, although it's possible a window was closed accidentally since we get so many IMs throughout the day. I also checked our emails and see no unanswered emails. Plus as you said, you did not want to call us.

After signing up, our web site very clearly says account activation can take up to 24 hours. It actually says this in two places on the confirmation page, and it is bolded and in red print.

If it is still within 24 hours from the time you signed up, then we are still within our guaranteed setup period.
Sales inquiries/order activations are not handled by technicians, therefore are no reflection of our support service.

Please email me your name so I can find your signup and give you an accurate setup ETA, otherwise rest assured that it will be setup no later than 24 hours from the time you signed up.Why do you sound so belligerent when you speak? I'm asking WebhostingTalk because "I can", "This is where I found out about you guys", "You have alot of fanboys here", and " I would like to ask your fanboys what is their usual setup time for activation". Am I wrong for asking a question. I even worded my OP to not cause a confrontation with you because I see that you frequent these boards throughout the day. I also was not asking WHT about how long it will take to activate MY account. I was asking for how long did it take for THEIR account to get setup. Your site says nothing about 24 hours for account ACTIVATION, matter of fact it says nothing about activation times period and I read it three times. Please correct me if I'm wrong. (I added you guys to msn and you didn't accept the invite so i can not send anything to you.) Stop taking a belligerent stance to every post about your company. My post was polite and sincere, and then there you go, questioning my reasoning for posting something about your company.I am not being belligerent at all. You were asking why it was taking so long to get your account setup since it has been 15 hours so far, and I was explaining that our web site clearly says it takes up to 24 hours, and in case there was a problem with your account setup that it would be best to ask us directly. For example, if your account was already setup but you didn't receive the email, or it was flagged for fraud, etc.

Here's exactly what our signup confirmation page says (font type and color exactly the same as our site):
Thank you for signing up.

Account activation can take up to 24 hours. However, most accounts are setup within a few hours.

If you do not receive a Welcome E-Mail from us within 24 hours at most,
please call us at 1-877-898-1423 or E-Mail sales@platinum server management.com

You are more than welcome to submit a test signup to see this for your own assurancedondeal, it's obvious you didn't read their page, I even recall it saying that from when I signed up. But I see nothing wrong with the way Platinum replied, they may be a little defensive, but you have to realize that most (not all) people on WHT (and all forums in general) is that they just LOVE to jump and pick on any little thing.Before you know it, you'll have competitors or x-customers ranting about how fast another provider sets up their accounts. So in fairness to Platinum, this post really can only lead to no good and not really answer your question anyway. But sensibly, you really should've contacted them. They have like 10 ways to contact them on their site, if you only tried 1 and then came right here that really doesn't make much sense. Like Platinum said, I imagine setup time varies, I recall my friend's setup took a few hours but mine took less, so really whatever anyone else says their activation time period was really does not serve you any good. Drop them an email and I'm confident you'll be able to get an accurate answer That's just my opinion on thisCongratulations on the sign up, but as they said you need to wait 24 hours max for your acount to be setup. I belive our account was setup within under 1 hour. I do not think Server Management was being belligerent at all, and their right their was no need to open a thread and ask Web Hosting Talk when your account would be set up all you had to do was drop an email or make a phone call and ask. Web Hosting Talk and Platinum Server Management are two totally different companys.I'm asking WebhostingTalk because "I can", "You have alot of fanboys here", and " I would like to ask your fanboys what is their usual setup time for activation".

ROFL, you're being pretty ridicilous there.

Am I wrong for asking a question.No. But you're asking it in wrong place, wrong time. You have to ask it to THEM after 24 hours of your application. This is not their support forum.

I also was not asking WHT about how long it will take to activate MY account. I was asking for how long did it take for THEIR account to get setup.Mine was like, instant? But maybe I was lucky that sales were not busy at that time.

I haven't posted in three years and I don't have access to the email attached to the old account so I had to create a new id.Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about. Did you apply with a wrong email address?

Anyway, I hope (and I am sure they will) solve your problem quickly ;) .ROFL, you're being pretty ridicilous there. No. But you're asking it in wrong place, wrong time. You have to ask it to THEM after 24 hours of your application. This is not their support forum. Mine was like, instant? But maybe I was lucky that sales were not busy at that time. Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about. Did you apply with a wrong email address? Anyway, I hope (and I am sure they will) solve your problem quickly ;) .Thank you, Captain Obvious for re-answering what 3 posts have already answered.Thank you, Captain Obvious for re-answering what 3 posts have already answered.

he was just giving his opinion, after all isnt that what the OP intended to ask for??

anyway, i will be the 4th to say, i think the OPs comments are ridiculous too and that he shouldve just called them to begin withThank you, Captain Obvious for re-answering what 3 posts have already answered.And who are you?he was just giving his opinion, after all isnt that what the OP intended to ask for?? anyway, i will be the 4th to say, i think the OPs comments are ridiculous too and that he shouldve just called them to begin withPART of his post was an opinion of the actual topic at hand (that the op asked for). That's not what I was signalling at.