Platinum Server Management- response times?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
No reply to a ticket for over a 12 hour period. Just had to close it and outsource the task to a 3rd party. I've heard of their response times on here being under 10 minutes or even 1 hour at their worst, but nothing like this. I'm very early in the relationship with them and am now worried on what to expect, down the road. I know that there is good buzz on them on WHT, but I wasn't expecting this. Any feedback on how hit and miss their reliability is and if it might be worth looking for a different 3rd party service provider? ThanksI have used them twice. Second time I just did it to see if my second time around would be better. These are one of the worst management companies I have used in my time. I have a lot of problems with their resolution times and response times just like your self.Always been good to me, I usually get a response within a hour or so.I just went through my ticket history. Most of my tickets have been responded to within 10-15 minutes. Longest wait for a response was about 2 1/2 hours on a ticket I submitted around 1am.allmost all of mine have been answered in 15-20 minutes, resolved within an hour :agree:Well,I do not agree to what vamphost said...They are in fact THE BEST company,You pay $29/month and $19/mo for your second server and expect 10minute response times...(though they do it under ten minutes if it is marked as an emergency)i wonder if you could e-mail them saying you will pay them $100/server....but they must allow you to put all your tickets to emergency status...most management companies charge $50 per hour...i made these guys work about 8 hours in the past 5 days for me and they did not charge me an extra cent.If you want to increase your budget you can expect better management...though i personally feel their management is worth $100!I agree to yphost, you made a very valid point and I have nothing else more to add. PSM is the best company I've ever dealt with and I'm very glad you feel the same bud.

No reply to a ticket for over a 12 hour period. Just had to close it and outsource the task to a 3rd party. I've heard of their response times on here being under 10 minutes or even 1 hour at their worst, but nothing like this.

I'm very early in the relationship with them and am now worried on what to expect, down the road. I know that there is good buzz on them on WHT, but I wasn't expecting this.

Any feedback on how hit and miss their reliability is and if it might be worth looking for a different 3rd party service provider?

Thanks

I'm sorry you feel this way. PSM is a very solid company, they have a very good reputation here.

TIP: Talk to them about, open a support ticket and tell them on the problems your having with them, explain what you dont like on whats going on. What are you going to expect? Their staff will reply with any questions or things you need to get settled / sqared away to better understand how they do things or what happened. Not to mention, I've found they seriously look at your comments and try and improve if you have any issues with their service. TRY contacting them and telling it to them about it and I can assure you that everything will be fixed and squared away and wont happen again.

I have used them twice. Second time I just did it to see if my second time around would be better. These are one of the worst management companies I have used in my time. I have a lot of problems with their resolution times and response times just like your self.

I dont think your telling the full story their MR. Why would you sign up the second time to see if you had better luck nextime? I think you have excellent service your first month, and then the second month it wasn't so great in which your now holding PSM for your last service with them. Why would you waste money on something you've tried once, but wasn't good? Thats a little pathetic.

I don't think your telling the full story here. Let me get this right ... you came back the second time to see if things were going to be better. Hmm ok. Check this out.

Bobby is 19 years old. He has been with "123 Car Insurance Company" for a total of 1 year and has nothing but complains about this company. He finally decides, gas prices are going too high, he could use the extra money. So he sells his honda civic, he no longer needs insurance so he cancels. He was only paying $75 a month for full coverage, they promised if he would get in an accident and completely totaled his car, they'd buy him a brand new one, with no money down or anything, but he just wasn't happy with this place. He said their service sucked.

He ends up getting a raise in work, not to mention the gas prices score down. He decides he wants a new car, so he buys one. All he can think about is, ok Im going to go with Geico, their rates are lower. So then when he has to choose his insurance company, he looks at all of the other insurance company rates. So far 123 Car Insurance company is the cheapest, but he swore to his self he wouldn't go to them again because in his book they "sucked" all of the other companies charge no lower than $225 per month for full coverage on his car, and plus he's young so.

He takes a few weeks looking and looking for a new car insurance company.

He can't find one. So he signs back up with 123 Car Insurance Company. Knowing that he hates this company, but hes going to sign back up with them to see if his second time is better.

Do you see where I'm coming at from here?

Well wether you do or you dont, I dont really care. Most of the people on this forum got this in their mind "If its cheap, it aint worth it. If its expensive, its worth it" as someone who runs a web hosting business, you should know. Everything that's cheap isn't cheap. $29 bucks a month at Platinum Server Management is a rock solid price, have you ever seen any other server management company with that much devotion and care for its clients, with 24/7 support for that low? I dont think so. PSM said unlimited tickets, so you may have unlimited issues with your cpanel server, PSM is here to help. They don't complain. If you want it to get done, get PSM. Hey your server's having a problem with httpd, it keeps going down!!! Boom, put in a ticket, and it gets done. You want to search your server for viruses? Boom put in a ticket get it done. You help on adding a folder somewhere on your server, boom put in a ticket, get it done. Your customer having an issue on something, you dont know how to fix or dont want to look it up? Boom put in a ticket and it gets done. Does PSM complain about "Maaaaan we get so low monthly payments, and they want us to do all that work? Man screw them!" NO they dont!!! They said unlimited tickets!! Go crazy, if your servers in some really bad stuff, and has cpanel.. things just arnt working. Sign up with them, tell them and boom it gets fixed. No complaints. But you want to know what I think? I think you had great service your 1st month, but canceled for some odd reason and then when you decided to come back, your second time wasn't so great. Why? I dont know, but now your holding PSM on account of your last experience and not looking at it overall? If you think their ok, thats all you have to say but you dont have to bash the company.

Regardless, people will have their bads and their goods, but just be truthful about it. Why would you go back to a company you had horrible experiences with the 1st time? If you think they suck, go pay $599 for small stuff to be done on your server anyway.

EDIT: Searched around. Found this(<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=553978&page=2">http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthrea ... 978&page=2</a><!-- m -->), now your not trying to bash the company but yet you countinue to make negetive comments about this company?galbibizz, I can't find any account that matches your name, but although the majority of tickets are answered within an hour (as you can even see by everyone else who has replied), we only guarantee a resolution within 24 hours. So we still did nothing wrong even if the ticket took 12 hours. That is still within the range that we guarantee. Please let me know what your ticket is so I can see what is going on.

vamphost, as we said to you in the previous thread, you have not used our service in almost 2 years, we have changed tremendously since then, if you continue to choose to post negatively about us, at least indicate that you are basing your assessment from from 2 years agoGalbibizz, their response times are frequently under 1 hour, but their terms do state 24 hours. They do prioritize tickets based on urgency and they may have had several urgent cases at that time.You said:Any feedback on how hit and miss their reliability is and if it might be worth looking for a different 3rd party service provider?For us, and many others, they are always reliable, but even we have had tickets take over 12 hours, but it was for things that weren't urgent. I don't remember anything urgent taking more than an hour or 2, and once when the server was down, it was only 5 minutes. 15 minutes later, the server was back up.As for looking for a different provider, I'd say, if you want your own personal technician to call 24/7 for immediate service, go ahead, but that would come with a price.We have been with PSM for over 3 years and can highly recommend them for all server management tasks. Ticket responce is at its excellence and always handled in a professional manner. PSM keep up the good work and thank you for all support to date.TonyApparently PSM is saying here that I'm not a client of theirs, yet I am and still continue to be. My matter was cleared up in the past week and they've since been more responsive on other tickets. That one ticket was still a little ridiculous, however.We're not saying you are not our client. We are simply asking for proof, and specifically the ticket number so we can see what the circumstances were even if it has already been taken care of. I don't think that is too much to ask for. Please PM me with the ticket number in question.Apparently PSM is saying here that I'm not a client of theirs, yet I am and still continue to be. My matter was cleared up in the past week and they've since been more responsive on other tickets. That one ticket was still a little ridiculous, however.

Their not saying your not a client of them, just they could not find anything under your username.

I don't think that is too much to ask for. Please PM me with the ticket number in question.

It's not. Infact galbibizz you should pm him your ticket because if think some of their response times are 'ridiculous' then by submitting that ticket number will only better their service.

:D Here's your chance, remember to look over my tip it may help you!
TIP: Talk to them about, open a support ticket and tell them on the problems your having with them, explain what you dont like on whats going on. What are you going to expect? Their staff will reply with any questions or things you need to get settled / sqared away to better understand how they do things or what happened. Not to mention, I've found they seriously look at your comments and try and improve if you have any issues with their service. TRY contacting them and telling it to them about it and I can assure you that everything will be fixed and squared away and wont happen again.

I found if your ever having an issue with a company you are with, talking with them and explaning your dislikes about them normally helps and most companies normally do everything they can do ensure that issue doesn't happen again and PSM is solid on their word so give it a shot?Their not saying your not a client of them, just they could not find anything under your username. It's not. Infact galbibizz you should pm him your ticket because if think some of their response times are 'ridiculous' then by submitting that ticket number will only better their service. :D Here's your chance, remember to look over my tip it may help you! I found if your ever having an issue with a company you are with, talking with them and explaning your dislikes about them normally helps and most companies normally do everything they can do ensure that issue doesn't happen again and PSM is solid on their word so give it a shot? They couldn't find anything under my username? Which username? My WHT handle? Why would that shot-in-the-dark be a more preferred method of cross-referencing my claim with PSM instead of PMing me for my ticket number? Anyways, I don't think I'm being unreasonable in expecting at least some form of response in a 12 hr absence of communication on a ticket query, even "we're looking into it". I'd expect for that even in any long-term business relationship between client and provider. And I don't think I'm out of line in expressing my concern here when a new relationship shows some red flag issues. I even tactfully responded a second time in that ticket to hopefully raise its awareness, so I don't see the part where I erred in not doing my best efforts in communicating with the provider. I've sent my ticket # and account name to the PSM user on here, so I trust that this matter is closed.I've sent my ticket # and account name to the PSM user on here, so I trust that this matter is closed.

Thanks, I will check into the ticket and see what transpired. As per your request, the moderators should close this threadThey couldn't find anything under my username? Which username? My WHT handle? Why would that shot-in-the-dark be a more preferred method of cross-referencing my claim with PSM instead of PMing me for my ticket number?

Anyways, I don't think I'm being unreasonable in expecting at least some form of response in a 12 hr absence of communication on a ticket query, even "we're looking into it". I'd expect for that even in any long-term business relationship between client and provider. And I don't think I'm out of line in expressing my concern here when a new relationship shows some red flag issues. I even tactfully responded a second time in that ticket to hopefully raise its awareness, so I don't see the part where I erred in not doing my best efforts in communicating with the provider.

I've sent my ticket # and account name to the PSM user on here, so I trust that this matter is closed.

I just wanted to respond. In no way was you out of line for posting on here, I didnt mean it like that. I'm simply saying, I've personally found if you are having an issue with a provider and they are here on the forums, moving about and everything. Drop them a private message and tell them "Hey man, I have been with you guys for a couple months, so far Im having an extremely hard time with your server...." or something like that and then they'll think "oh.. well hmm let me look into this" and they will look into it right away. Its your own free will to post what you want on here prior to wht rules ;) but I'm just saying it really helps to get in touch with them if their on here and active.