Platinum Server Management- Activation Exp?

wxdqz

Hey guys so far great with these guys. I talked to them on aim and they are exacly what everyone has been saying about them thru out the forum.As for activation, they said up to 24 hours? Now that is fine by me. But, for you guys did it really take that long or did they pull the same trick as with the support tickets? They say up to 24 hours and they do in with in one hour.Also did you recive like a email for your payment? I payed last night at around 6 hours ago and still no recipt, or does it all come together when the service is up and runing?Well guys, thanks for the advise and i cant wait to be activated! Love u Platinum Server ManagementNew account activation is done by the Sales Department which is not 24x7, so the response time for any Sales request is completely different than Support requests. The account will definitely be setup within 24 hours from the time you signed up, usually much less though.

If you signed up with a credit card, you will receive a receipt once you are charged. You are not charged until after your account is setup.Thank you, i was talking to someone on AIM and i didnt want to pest him with more questions.So i thought id ask wth members. But thank you for all your great responses, here and on AIM.You mind if i ask, what are the sale hours? If when you answer could you tell me are you guys central time or? Thanks again.I'm glad you choose Platinum Server Management, they are turly an great company.

As for activation, they said up to 24 hours? Now that is fine by me. But, for you guys did it really take that long or did they pull the same trick as with the support tickets? They say up to 24 hours and they do in with in one hour.

I'm a little confused about this. I think it does take up to 24 hours to set up your account (or less). If you are talking about another thread in which someone was complaning about a 24 hour response, Platinum Server Management can take up to 24 hours to resolve a issue however they normally fix it within a real resonable time but 24 hours is their max. You can find more information about this here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.platinumservermanagement.com/FAQ.html">http://www.platinumservermanagement.com/FAQ.html</a><!-- m -->

Also did you recive like a email for your payment? I payed last night at around 6 hours ago and still no recipt, or does it all come together when the service is up and runing?

I really can't remember it's been so long, however, I took the time in my oh so busy life :) to look it up so I can give you an accurate response.

Now.. I wasn't able to find anything that confirms the payment, it should do that on paypals page itself, however, I can't remember when I made the payment to them either but I only found an activation email which should have the subject

"Platinum Server Management (Formerly known as FastServerManagement) Account Activation"

You should be getting that shortly from them.

I hope my feedback helped, they are a really great company and you should receive nothing but top notch service with them as many users on here have, as well as myself.

I would suggest you email their sales department, and ask them if you havnt got your account setup already. Also check your junk folder as well.Sorry for me being so late in the reply, I was busy trying to search up the information for you so I can be most accurate to help you out but I can see they already went on ahead and replied to your message. Hope everything works out, and once again great choice on the pick.Thank you all for the great feedback.I'm a little confused about this. I think it does take up to 24 hours to set up your account (or less). If you are talking about another thread in which someone was complaning about a 24 hour response, Platinum Server Management can take up to 24 hours to resolve a issue however they normally fix it within a real resonable time but 24 hours is their max.By no means that i mean that is wrong or negative way. I just tryed to say do they really take 24 hours normally or do they just say that like in support tickets and they take way less.Sorry for the miss understanding, and again thank you for the great feedback.Our Sales Department is officially open during traditional business hours of M-F, 9-5PM Eastern, but there is at least 1 sales or billing rep that checked frequently after hours and on weekends. Your account should be setup some time this morning.By no means that i mean that is wrong or negative way. I just tryed to say do they really take 24 hours normally or do they just say that like in support tickets and they take way less.

Sorry for the miss understanding, and again thank you for the great feedback.

Your welcome. Oh no way did I mean you were saying something negative, I though you were talking about another thread about something for 24 hour response times, nevermind about that I was really confused about everything. My bad :)

Our Sales Department is officially open during traditional business hours of M-F, 9-5PM Eastern, but there is at least 1 sales or billing rep that checked frequently after hours and on weekends. Your account should be setup some time this morning.

You guys rock.Thank you. Would it be possible to talk off certain stuff i might need for my server since i am Linux ignorent, in this thread or is it against WHT rules? I will be runing only a proxy site on the VPS and was woundering, do you guys have any exp on Proxy kind of stuff?1. Or anyone out there reading this, ive heard there are certain maybe scripts or something to make the proxy site work well. Meanind some server modefication. 2. Will you be able to give me or setup a DNS for the domain to go to my VPS? I bought my domain thrue Yahoo Domains Inc., and they dont respond to my emails.Than i went ahead and talked to Go Daddy my VPS host, and they gave me a link to read up on it, but it really didnt click... So am stuck.Please let me know, if anyone here has suggestions or past exp.Thank you all!Thank you. Would it be possible to talk off certain stuff i might need for my server since i am Linux ignorent, in this thread or is it against WHT rules? I will be runing only a proxy site on the VPS and was woundering, do you guys have any exp on Proxy kind of stuff?

There may be a better category to discuss that in with others, such as the Technical & Security Issues forum, you can check with the mods to make sure.

1. Or anyone out there reading this, ive heard there are certain maybe scripts or something to make the proxy site work well. Meanind some server modefication.

Proxies are notoriously abused (resource/bandwidth hogs) but we can tweak the server for this sort of thing as best as possible. If there's any specific modification you've read, just show it to our techs and they'll gladly look into it for you. However, if you have a VPS then most likely it will not be powerful enough, mainly because of the abuse all proxies get.

2. Will you be able to give me or setup a DNS for the domain to go to my VPS? I bought my domain thrue Yahoo Domains Inc., and they dont respond to my emails.

Yes of course :) We'll do the entire setup for you, you can even provide us with your registrar login so we can do that side for you too.Yes of course :) We'll do the entire setup for you, you can even provide us with your registrar login so we can do that side for you too.Cool, because i have no idea whats up. Well cool, oh as for the proxy am a little one with about 100 uniques a day so as long as it goes faster that just a reg host, i will be fine with it.Once i do become bigger, i have no problem moving into a Dedicated, as long as you guys run it for me :agree:?as long as you guys run it for me :agree:?

No need to put a question mark on their. Fix it with a period. Because they will run it for you, hence is why they are the best server management company out their.

Once again, you made a great choice on picking that company. If I knew you personally I'd pat you on the back, because you did a great job and thats just 1 step closer to having a healthy website because PSM is managing your servers so you dont have to worry about too much issues you dont know how to fix. Infact, pat yourself on the back for me. Litterally.

Keep us updated. Once you have service with them and do a few things, give us a review. :)It wount let me edit sorry, or i just dont know how.... But am glad to hear they have such great feedback, this might of been some well spent money.You have a time limit on editing your post. The edit button is next to the QUOTE button under your own reply (once you make that reply).

this might of been some well spent money.

Don't be unsure. I can assure you, you can say "Money Well Spent" I'm sure you'll be saying that to your self or whom ever, hell maybe this forum if you ever decide to write a review :) which I would insist. But either way, you get the bang for your bucks and this company's service is defiantly money wweell spent!By the way, first submited ticket was Client Opened Ticket on Sun Jun 3 07:39:58 EDT 2007They answered Technical Support Responded on Sun Jun 3 07:59:33 EDT 2007 That is 20 min and they setup my DNS stuff with in 36 min. Great stuff.Thank you Server Management!20 min and they setup my DNS stuff with in 36 min. Great stuff.

I have nothing to respond to this. But this just made me smile, literally. :) Glad to hear :)Good luck with PSM/Coast Inc. A year or two ago I would have agreed that they were the best out there. Helpful support, fast response, the whole nine yards. But that's definitely not the case anymore-- their tech support has really gone downhill the past few months. A lot of the techs that answer support either ignore or skim your questions, forcing you to repeat your request over and over again. I have an easy open ticket for assigning more IP addresses and moving one really large account to another server that's been sitting open for over two weeks now, and it still hasn't been dealt with. On three occassions, they said it would be dealt with "that day", and it wasn't. I eventually couldn't wait on them any longer and did it myself. The ticket's still open because they didn't respond to the original two or three nudges asking how it was going, either.On another ticket I said I was having trouble with a shared SSL certificate, and asked if they'd take a look and maybe reinstall it. I pasted the cert in the help desk. The guy emails me back and tells me to upload it and send him the path. I did. He emails me back and says he can't find it. Hahaha. You have got to be kidding me. I ended up emailing it to the sales department. This is a five minute thing that's taken almost 24 hours so far and still isn't done.They're either a) aggravated at me and intentionally giving bad support to force me into leaving-- which I'm seriously thinking about doing with all three of my dedicated servers, or b) have hired semi-illiterate non-English speaking technicians, or c) it's just good ole bad customer service. Either way-- not good. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since Ethan was so good to me in the past, but he doesn't answer tickets much anymore. God forbid you need anything serious done... I don't even ask anymore. My "fully managed server" team has forced me into hiring a server management guy to do their work for them. I'd be okay with it if it were an unmanaged plan, but it's not. I've expressed concerns about this a couple of different times to no avail. It's aggravating because I really don't want to leave, but they're not giving me much choice here by letting my tickets sit for days on end....I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since Ethan was so good to me in the past, but he doesn't answer tickets much anymore.

First of all, you are a customer of Coast Inc, not PlatinumServerManagement. Yes the companies are related, but you are not a direct customer of PlatinumServerManagement.

When you signed up, you were referred by Erik from the GNAX datacenter to Coast Inc for a Coast Inc managed server. The PlatinumServerManagement service was not included at that time. You currently only have a managed Coast Inc dedicated server. Newer servers purchased through Coast Inc with PlatinumServerManagement coverage included have a login to the PSM helpdesk and submit tickets there, which you do not have. Most of the techs on the Coast Inc managed side differ from the PlatinumServerManagement side. If you would like to be upgraded, simply open a ticket, there's no charge.

Anyway, when you moved over from your previous provider, I personally spent countless hours with you on the phone helping, even though we normally do not even provide phone support. I realize you admitted that I helped you in the past, but I even gave you my personal direct phone number which I told you to use "any time" you felt necessary. I went far above and beyond what we offer to help you. I even give you a very big discount on your servers.

To say you are giving us the benefit of the doubt when you didn't even come to me first to discuss this, is simply a personal slap in the face.

And again, I repeat, you are a customer of Coast Inc, not PlatinumServerManagement.
You signed up at Coast Inc, your billing is from Coast Inc, your helpdesk is at Coast Inc, and your support is from Coast Inc.
PlatinumServerManagement is only being mentioned because of guilt by association.Btw, if you want to discuss this further in private, please contact me directly either via PM, or email, or call, or open a ticket to the Feedback department.I will send you a PM because I'm not sure what your private email is, but I want to say a couple things publicly, too. Not to beat you over the head, but so I can acknowledge again that yes, a year or two ago I thought you were the best of the best. I'm fully aware that you went above and beyond in moving me over from the previous company and I appreciated that (and still do). And yep, you sure did give me a discount on one of my servers. That's a fact.I adore you personally-- you know that. I think you do an EXCELLENT job. If I were still dealing with you every time, I'd be a happy camper, no doubt about it.Problem is that I'm not dealing with you anymore, and the people who answer my tickets are nowhere near as skilled as you are. I'm frustrated beyond belief. So much so that I did hire someone else to do a bunch of things that needed to be done.I'm also sorry you feel it's a slap in the face. I wish I could separate you from the other techs because the difference is night and day. But I have to talk about who I'm dealing with on a day-to-day basis, and unfortunately, it's not you.I also want to mention that have discussed this with you... a few months ago I told you that I felt like I wasn't getting the level of support that I was used to, and you responded that I could ask for you if I needed to. And I appreciated that. However, you can't do everything yourself and I certainly don't expect you to --even though I secretly wish you would! :)But I don't want to be bugging you all the time for simple stuff that any of them should be able to do. I shouldn't have to fight so hard or spend so much time trying to get little requests taken care of. And I'm not sure how else to put it or how many different ways I need to present it without pissing everyone over there off. I've tried to be tactful with them, I've tried asking them to send the ticket to you so you could read and hopefully see how ridiculous some of it is-- but I'm at a loss as to what else to try.I'm not posting any of this to attack you. Like I said, I want to stay. I try and stick it out with companies even if things get rough, as long as I sense a willingness to listen and help. PS - Sorry about the mixup with PSM-- yes, I'm a Coast Inc. customer, but I have always thought the two companies were one and the same. If there's that big of a difference between the level of support in Coast Inc. vs PSM, then yes, I'll upgrade. I will send you a PM of this as well so we can continue privately.Sorry about the trouble you're having ceeray. I've noticed the company growth myself. Tickets were almost always handled by Ethan at first and with the number of customers they have now, he couldn't possibly handle everything himself, but I've had tickets handled by a few techs and have been happy with each one. I think Ethan has himself a nice team doing the work. Coastinc and PSM are 2 different businesses. I deal with both of them.Sorry about the trouble you're having ceeray. I've noticed the company growth myself. Tickets were almost always handled by Ethan at first and with the number of customers they have now, he couldn't possibly handle everything himself, but I've had tickets handled by a few techs and have been happy with each one. I think Ethan has himself a nice team doing the work.

Coastinc and PSM are 2 different businesses. I deal with both of them.

Yes indeed, Ethan is a good man as well as the company. The staff memebers are fantastic too!can i just sign up with PlatinumServerManagement for just one month? i just want someone to setup my new server and install some software.can i just sign up with PlatinumServerManagement for just one month? i just want someone to setup my new server and install some software.Yes, there's no contract, you can just sign up and then cancel the PayPal subscription when you no longer need their service.

:)Yes, there's no contract, you can just sign up and then cancel the PayPal subscription when you no longer need their service.

:)

sounds good, thanks :)You will probably have something else come up later and want their help again. You can just resubscribe, but for the cost, it's handy to be able to contact them for help any time. We don't submit tickets very often, but it's nice to be able to without having to wait for an account to be set up again.i signed up with platinum server management this morning after reading all the positive comments here on WHT. will post my experience with them soon :)i signed up with platinum server management this morning after reading all the positive comments here on WHT. will post my experience with them soon :)

Very noice choice their MR JOEY. Good job, you wont be disappointed by their service, oh-no sir ree. :):agree:

P.S Do me a favor and pat your self on the back.

Thanks,
Frimon86