OpenInviter. Invite contacts from hotmail, yahoo..etc.

h@ck3r

shaun166 said:
anyway to remove that copyright? this will definitely improve knowing of your forums! thanks

Of course... somehow :D

I've not installed this yet.. will do it later and see what I can find out. :)

How it works?
Opening OpneInvite/index
I get nothing execpt this...
Code:
Open source OpenInviterTM (Open InviterTM) is an free import contacts (addressbook) script from email providers like Walla, OperaMail, Clevergo, Doramail, KataMail, Uk2, Popstarmail, Inbox.com, Azet, Yahoo!, Apropo, Virgilio, LinkedIn, Abv, Nz11, Evite, Hushmail, 5Fm, FastMail, Lycos, Sapo.pt, Mail.in, Mail.com, Wp.pt, Live/Hotmail, Care2, IndiaTimes, Yandex, GMail, AOL, Libero, GMX.net, Mynet.com, Freemail, Rediff, O2, Terra, Rambler, Interia, Mail.ru, Zapakmail, Bigstring, Gawab, Netaddress, Web.de or social portals like Perfspot, Multiply, Last.fm, Ning, Livejournal, Hyves, Lovento, Vkontakte, Xanga, Vimeo, Mycatspace, Plaxo, Konnects, Badoo, Mydogspace, Motortopia, Fdcareer, Meinvz, Mevio, Xuqa, Famiva, Faces, Eons, Tagged, Skyrock, Brazencareerist, Friendfeed, MySpace, Bookcrossing, Flingr, Plurk, Kincafe, Hi5, Twitter, Friendster, Xing, Orkut, Plazes, Cyworld, Flixster, NetLog, Facebook, Bebo, Flickr. This contacts importer script is integrating with content management systems (aka CMS) like phpFoX, PunBB, SimpleMachines Forum (SMF), vBulletin, Boonex Dolphin, joovili, jamit job, Social Engine, phpizabi, nowFire, Joomla, Buddy Zone, myBB, PhpBB, Wordpress, Joomla1.0, symfony, Drupal, JamRoom, PHPMELODY, Dating Pro. Open Inviter is written in PHP 5 (no database required but cURL or wget required) and running on any webserver (tested on Apache) offering advanced tell a friend features. OpenInviterTM is a free self hosted solution that does not use a third party gateway (or API) to import contacts.Download it at: OpenInviter

patrician

You just need to register at openinvite.com and get it from there, it then has YOUR username and private key!!! and your website details in the config.php it's free... or at least I haven't been asked for cash!

patrician

shashi24 said:
this hack not working !!! dont waste ur time

Works fine if you get it from them directly, it shows up under quick links... with a little tinkering you can add it else where as well. The reason you need to get it from them is the key they provide you with, which is appears to be specific to you and your site.

If you have Facebook connect, it won't work as you vB can't re-authenticate... I'm sure there's a way around it, like removing FB from the inviters options, but I just disabled FBconnect as it wasn't an overly popular add on for my site.

Thanks patrician
Before you telling me that I was known that, but why I´m getting that message I wrote before. Its just kinda complicated to me.
I´m not understand why i´m having this message.

Code:
Open source OpenInviterTM (Open InviterTM) is an free import contacts (addressbook) script from email providers like Walla, OperaMail, Clevergo, Doramail, KataMail, Uk2, Popstarmail, Inbox.com, Azet, Yahoo!, Apropo, Virgilio, LinkedIn, Abv, Nz11, Evite, Hushmail, 5Fm, FastMail, Lycos, Sapo.pt, Mail.in, Mail.com, Wp.pt, Live/Hotmail, Care2, IndiaTimes, Yandex, GMail, AOL, Libero, GMX.net, Mynet.com, Freemail, Rediff, O2, Terra, Rambler, Interia, Mail.ru, Zapakmail, Bigstring, Gawab, Netaddress, Web.de or social portals like Perfspot, Multiply, Last.fm, Ning, Livejournal, Hyves, Lovento, Vkontakte, Xanga, Vimeo, Mycatspace, Plaxo, Konnects, Badoo, Mydogspace, Motortopia, Fdcareer, Meinvz, Mevio, Xuqa, Famiva, Faces, Eons, Tagged, Skyrock, Brazencareerist, Friendfeed, MySpace, Bookcrossing, Flingr, Plurk, Kincafe, Hi5, Twitter, Friendster, Xing, Orkut, Plazes, Cyworld, Flixster, NetLog, Facebook, Bebo, Flickr. This contacts importer script is integrating with content management systems (aka CMS) like phpFoX, PunBB, SimpleMachines Forum (SMF), vBulletin, Boonex Dolphin, joovili, jamit job, Social Engine, phpizabi, nowFire, Joomla, Buddy Zone, myBB, PhpBB, Wordpress, Joomla1.0, symfony, Drupal, JamRoom, PHPMELODY, Dating Pro. Open Inviter is written in PHP 5 (no database required but cURL or wget required) and running on any webserver (tested on Apache) offering advanced tell a friend features. OpenInviterTM is a free self hosted solution that does not use a third party gateway (or API) to import contacts.Download it at: OpenInviter

patrician

You don't need to open the index of openinvite, if postinstall.php won't run just use the OpenInvite settings in your admin CP and press save even if you change nothing!

Oh and make sure you mark "yes" for allow over write... I'm not sure if it matters but it worked for me.

ok, there is a setting located in acp. but where is the main page of Open Inviter located in? how do you invite people, what url has to use to invite?

patrician

124 said:
ok, there is a setting located in acp. but where is the main page of Open Inviter located in? how do you invite people, what url has to use to invite?
look under "Quick links", if you can't see it, try a different style if it's not the default.

alnatih

Finally i figured how to fix the Secutity token error!
on line 144 of your Openinviter frontend.php file on
$oi_display.="<form action=''
you have to write the full path to your frontend.php, so it look like:

$oi_display.="<form action='/home/user/public_html/OpenInviter/frontend.php' method='POST' name='openinviter'>".ers($ers).oks($oks);

also works with:
$oi_display.="<form action='www.yourdomain.com/OpenInviter/frontend.php' method='POST' name='openinviter'>".ers($ers).oks($oks);

or with:
$oi_display.="<form action='./OpenInviter/frontend.php' method='POST' name='openinviter'>".ers($ers).oks($oks);

The vbulletin package dont include 2 images that indicate the status of the sends,this are
http://diecastcrazy.com/images/ers.gif
and
http://diecastcrazy.com/images/oks.gif
just save them to your images directory.

I have it working with the lastest version 1.7.4 of openinviter and the integration to vbulletin 3.8.2 attached.

alnatih

one last thing,it seems that after login on openinviter you loose some functions from vbulletin,and when you try to sen invitations to some email an error apears about undeclared vbmail funcion,you can fix this remplacing on frontend.php

{
$message_footer="\r\n\r\nThis invite was sent using OpenInviter technology.";
$message_subject=$_POST['email_box'].$message['subject'];
$message_body=$message['body'].$message['attachment'].$message_footer;
$headers="From: {$_POST['email_box']}";
foreach ($selected_contacts as $email=>$name)
vbmail($email, $message_subject, $message_body, true);
$oks['mails']="Mails sent successfully";
}

to

{
$message_footer="";
//$message_subject=$_POST['email_box'].$message['subject'];
$message_subject=$message['subject'];
$message_body=$message['body'].$message['attachment'].$message_footer;
$headers="From: {$_POST['email_box']}";
foreach ($selected_contacts as $email=>$name)
mail($email,$message_subject,$message_body,$headers);
$oks['mails']="Mails sent successfully";
}

lilfabbro

oh and id like to add i did get this to work it rly ugly looking tho

all u do is goto yoursite.com/forums/forum.php?oi=true

i thought it was cooler then that FTW

lilfabbro

it does work, if you dont see any links for it in the nav bar anywere navigate to yoursite.com/forums/forum.php?oi=true

youll see your page with an ugly box messing it up somewere

you have to customize it yourself

overall this is not worth all the hassel